Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Pucky Sammiches

When we lived on the farm we would butcher a hog and it fed my uncle's and my family for a couple months. We did not waste anything. Hocks went into stew. All the fat was rendered into lard. Well...I lied...none of us could eat the head LOL. We grew up on lard and used it for everything until the 70s or so when shortening got cheaper than lard and the doctors started pushing shortening over lard. Sometimes a beef and a hog had to last us till harvest time so other than the head and the brains and some of the organs we ate everything.

It's been a long time since my grandpa was around to make head cheese, but now I've got a craving... off to Craigslist to find a pig! My poor wife has no idea what she's in for.

Pucky - My term, stemming from a 1978 beaver trapping trip, for anything that is a condiment, fish dip, or salad dressing. Not allowed in my coolers without being double-bagged. If left open in my cooler, the camera guy gets to walk home. If spilled on my truck seat, a camera guy is fired. Something that requires at least six feet of social distancing if you are eating it near me.

Many people die from pucky-induced food poisoning. If not death, countless years of human productivity are lost annually due to pucky poisoning. America's health crisis is further complicated by the "pucky on everything" mantra of Americans. They pay a premium for healthy foods, then drown it in artery-clogging pucky. Go figure.

Pucky on a great slice of smoked meat, served on a fine fresh bread, with fresh veggies and smoked cheese is the equivalent of putting A-1 steak sauce on a perfectly grilled elk tenderloin. Or drowning your juicy, flavor-filled, fresh walleye or halibut with some sort of tartar sauce. Blasphemy. Should be punishable by fine, loss of hunting/fishing privileges, or both.

Meat is not a "condiment-delivery platform." Nor is a salad. They are cherished foods filled with their own unique flavors to be appreciated and savored. If you need pucky to hide flavors in your foods, you need to up your cooking game or quit buying bulk food from the Dollar General store. If you need pucky to make something taste good, you need to think about your palate training.
:LOL::ROFLMAO:
My youngest kid would most likely starve to death, the only thing he doesn't put ranch on is steaks.

It totally grosses me out when he drowns his food in ranch dressing.

Just as I clicked onto this thread a big glob of mayo dripped from my sammich onto my shirt. I guess I can save it for later.

I feel this same way about marinating game meat, I’ve never had marinated game that tasted better than non-marinated. A bit of salt is all it really needs if cooked properly.

I feel this same way about marinating game meat, I’ve never had marinated game that tasted better than non-marinated. A bit of salt is all it really needs if cooked properly.
I marinate mainly the tougher cuts of game meat and grill the tender cuts with nothing more than salt and pepper. Marinating actually helps tenderize the tougher cuts if you do it right. Most people overcook game meat or cook it way too fast at too high of heat. Except for the searing process, I don't use high heat on game meat at all.

Or drowning your juicy, flavor-filled, fresh walleye or halibut with some sort of tartar sauce.

This is where we'd have to fight like men....

Fresh, juicy "flavor filled" walleye....tastes like whatever you cook it in. Not much flavor in the ol eyeballer. Now northern on the other hand...that's a tasty fish!

I love a good brat or a Italian sausage. They're so good, they don't really need a bun. But....I need something to hold my onions and kraut. Sometimes spicy mustard but, most times a damn fine brat is good enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back