Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Pucky Sammiches

@Big Fin do homemade things like ketchup and bbq still qualify as pucky? From all raw ingredients, dates are used as sweetener? That at least negates the health argument... and less processed than cheese unless your buying it from the farmer.

This thread reminded me of an episode of Bizarre Foods when Andrew Zimmerman went to the Minnesota State Fair desert contest. He told one lady that her jello “salad” was the worst thing he’s ever eaten, and that’s saying a lot coming from that guy...:sick::D

When I order or make a plain cheeseburger or meat, cheese and lettuce sandwich, my wife sometimes make me think I’m the only person in the world who doesn’t like mayo, ketchup, mustard, etc (pucky). It’s good to know I’m not alone😀
Must admit though; Subway’s steak and cheese with southwest sauce and Firehouse steak and cheese with all the fixings are the exception(s)

Pucky - My term, stemming from a 1978 beaver trapping trip, for anything that is a condiment, fish dip, or salad dressing. Not allowed in my coolers without being double-bagged. If left open in my cooler, the camera guy gets to walk home. If spilled on my truck seat, a camera guy is fired. Something that requires at least six feet of social distancing if you are eating it near me.

Many people die from pucky-induced food poisoning. If not death, countless years of human productivity are lost annually due to pucky poisoning. America's health crisis is further complicated by the "pucky on everything" mantra of Americans. They pay a premium for healthy foods, then drown it in artery-clogging pucky. Go figure.

Pucky on a great slice of smoked meat, served on a fine fresh bread, with fresh veggies and smoked cheese is the equivalent of putting A-1 steak sauce on a perfectly grilled elk tenderloin. Or drowning your juicy, flavor-filled, fresh walleye or halibut with some sort of tartar sauce. Blasphemy. Should be punishable by fine, loss of hunting/fishing privileges, or both.

Meat is not a "condiment-delivery platform." Nor is a salad. They are cherished foods filled with their own unique flavors to be appreciated and savored. If you need pucky to hide flavors in your foods, you need to up your cooking game or quit buying bulk food from the Dollar General store. If you need pucky to make something taste good, you need to think about your palate training.
And this comes from a guy who's family eats that jelled up looking fish slop... What's that gross stuff called? Lutefisk? No thanks, pass the pucky

Pucky - My term, stemming from a 1978 beaver trapping trip, for anything that is a condiment, fish dip, or salad dressing. Not allowed in my coolers without being double-bagged. If left open in my cooler, the camera guy gets to walk home. If spilled on my truck seat, a camera guy is fired. Something that requires at least six feet of social distancing if you are eating it near me.

Many people die from pucky-induced food poisoning. If not death, countless years of human productivity are lost annually due to pucky poisoning. America's health crisis is further complicated by the "pucky on everything" mantra of Americans. They pay a premium for healthy foods, then drown it in artery-clogging pucky. Go figure.

Pucky on a great slice of smoked meat, served on a fine fresh bread, with fresh veggies and smoked cheese is the equivalent of putting A-1 steak sauce on a perfectly grilled elk tenderloin. Or drowning your juicy, flavor-filled, fresh walleye or halibut with some sort of tartar sauce. Blasphemy. Should be punishable by fine, loss of hunting/fishing privileges, or both.

Meat is not a "condiment-delivery platform." Nor is a salad. They are cherished foods filled with their own unique flavors to be appreciated and savored. If you need pucky to hide flavors in your foods, you need to up your cooking game or quit buying bulk food from the Dollar General store. If you need pucky to make something taste good, you need to think about your palate training.
you sir have lost your mind lol

How did I miss this thread?!?!?

ROFLMAO

This is not a joke. I lost a really good hunting partner once when it was my turn to make the lunches and I put yellow mustard on his.

No Pucky eaters allowed in his camper.

Fresh off the Treager......Wyoming Range mule deer, garden fresh lettuce Mrs. Fin allowed me to pluck from her garden, slow grilled at 265F for 45 minutes, a thin layer of Colby Jack for two minutes, topped with some sliced dills on a sesame wheat bun.

No pucky to hide this mix of amazing natural flavors. If this was a Zoom conversation, I would see all of your mouths watering,

Your Honor, the Defense rests his case.

View attachment 143555
Those nasty green things riding proudly on top of that sandwich?? Pucky!

Macaroni Salad - my in-laws served it at our wedding. Father in law stirring it in a huge bucket, with a PADDLE. I still can't eat the stuff. To defile a hunting trip with it, Lord help me. This year was my wife's first year in my elk camp (OUR camp). She got to learn of the pleasures and joys of sausage on biscuits. Put two in your pocket, good for the day. No pucky, just sausage on a biscuit.

Back