Pucky Sammiches

You have to watch out for the quality of the pucky. If it’s made with soybean oil or other hydrogenate products you must avoid that, kiss of death. Salad dressing should be oil, vinegar, water and Italian seasoning or the yogurt based pucky dressings but in moderation for those. My favorite dinner salad is sardines, feta, tomatoes, green leaf or romaine lettuce, croutons and Italian dressing. Heavenly. Favorite trail sammich is liverwurst on sourdough with light olive oil mayo and stone ground mustard on opposing sides with onion slice, aged Swiss, green leaf or romaine and maybe tomato but always sprinkled with chiltepin pepper for some kick. 😋
Yuck! Randy would ban pucky LOL. I would ban sardines. Can't even stand the smell of them.

How could this thread not mention BBQ sauce? There must certainly be an exemption for BBQ sauce. Not sure if it legal in my county to eat fowl without BBQ sauce. And truth be told, entirely too much of this thread has been about mustard. I am from MN. We use ketchup. Some think it is too spicy, but I like to live on the edge. The kids might even put it on hash browns.

If you don't use some sort of pucky, how do you even get it down the hatch? Not only does pucky taste good, but it is an essential lubricant. Nothing worse than trying to choke down a burger on dry bread.

How could this thread not mention BBQ sauce? There must certainly be an exemption for BBQ sauce. Not sure if it legal in my county to eat fowl without BBQ sauce. And truth be told, entirely too much of this thread has been about mustard. I am from MN. We use ketchup. Some think it is too spicy, but I like to live on the edge. The kids might even put it on hash browns.

If you don't use some sort of pucky, how do you even get it down the hatch? Not only does pucky taste good, but it is an essential lubricant. Nothing worse than trying to choke down a burger on dry bread.
Gotta have BBQ sauce on them ribs. I also do fajitas in BBQ sauce. And GOOD BBQ sauce need not be sugar loaded. I make mine without sugar.

You gotta watch the bbq sauces too. Sweet Baby Rays is another K of D. It’s all high fructose corn syrup. 😵. Ketchup is an abomination. I’m a dry rub or vinegar based sauce guy. Stubbs sauce is awesome esp the spicy 🌶. You poor souls who don’t like sardines, kippers and anchovies need to develop a complex mature palate. 👍

A couple guys down the hall from my dorm room in college almost came to blows over sardines. The consumer of said sardines agreed to sit out in the hall when he wished to enjoy some, gracing the rest of the floor with the odor.

As an aside, the kid next door to them was a real ass - he forgot to close his door once so the roommates teamed up and hid a few open cans in his room (this guy didn't have a roommate, fortunately). He didn't discover them for over a week, until the smell started to make him retch.

See, people will take shots at pucky for other (nonsensical) reasons, but not the lubrication factor. Deep down they know the critical role that pucky plays in sliding that bite right on down the hatch.

And someone mentioned PB&J. I didn't see a response from the nonpucky crowd on that delectable choice of cuisine.

You gotta watch the bbq sauces too. Sweet Baby Rays is another K of D. It’s all high fructose corn syrup. 😵. Ketchup is an abomination. I’m a dry rub or vinegar based sauce guy. Stubbs sauce is awesome esp the spicy 🌶. You poor souls who don’t like sardines, kippers and anchovies need to develop a complex mature palate. 👍

I make my own BBQ sauce when I want something special. I use honey rather than sugar or corn syrup. And ick to sardines, kippers and ESPECIALLY anchovies. Only thing anchovies is good for is bait fish. I used to fish off the pier in Oceanside, California with those as bait. Only time I ever bought any. Tried anchovies on pizza once. Spit out and and threw the pizza away. LOL Sometimes with ribs though, is no sauce at all. I marinade them 2-3 days and then grill them. No BBQ sauce needed.

How about real maple syrup on pancakes or waffles? BBQ sauce is my other blasphemy, while I appreciate good dry rub bbq, I do like some sweet and spicy sauce.

I'm glad I live in the USA where I can make my sandwich the way I want, and you can make your sandwich the way you want.

Ultimately, there's no small hypocrisy in the argument, "I don't eat my sandwich/meat/etc. with X, Y, and Z. I only put A, B, and C on it."

And that tater tot hotdish picture made me hungry.

QQ

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back