Pucky Sammiches

WyoDoug

Just cuz Randy does not like pucky and just because he don't want to allow it in HIS coolers, that happens to be one of my favorite sammiches, pucky sammiches. Sometimes I even throw a bit of meat and cheese into the sammich with some ketchup and relish. Gotta have that pucky around when I am hunting LOL. Love it on my roasts too. Sometimes I even use korean mustard or horseradish.

Last edited:
I don’t get how someone can eat just a meat a cheese sandwich. Its like a well done steak, you could but why. Mayo, horseradish mustard and bell peppers on just about every sandwich.

Pucky - My term, stemming from a 1978 beaver trapping trip, for anything that is a condiment, fish dip, or salad dressing. Not allowed in my coolers without being double-bagged. If left open in my cooler, the camera guy gets to walk home. If spilled on my truck seat, a camera guy is fired. Something that requires at least six feet of social distancing if you are eating it near me.

Many people die from pucky-induced food poisoning. If not death, countless years of human productivity are lost annually due to pucky poisoning. America's health crisis is further complicated by the "pucky on everything" mantra of Americans. They pay a premium for healthy foods, then drown it in artery-clogging pucky. Go figure.

Pucky on a great slice of smoked meat, served on a fine fresh bread, with fresh veggies and smoked cheese is the equivalent of putting A-1 steak sauce on a perfectly grilled elk tenderloin. Or drowning your juicy, flavor-filled, fresh walleye or halibut with some sort of tartar sauce. Blasphemy. Should be punishable by fine, loss of hunting/fishing privileges, or both.

Meat is not a "condiment-delivery platform." Nor is a salad. They are cherished foods filled with their own unique flavors to be appreciated and savored. If you need pucky to hide flavors in your foods, you need to up your cooking game or quit buying bulk food from the Dollar General store. If you need pucky to make something taste good, you need to think about your palate training.

Last edited:
Pucky - My term, stemming from a 1978 beaver trapping trip, for anything that is a condiment, fish dip, or salad dressing. Not allowed in my coolers without being double-bagged. If left open in my cooler, the camera guy gets to walk home. If spilled on my truck seat, a camera guy is fired. Something that requires at least six feet of social distancing if you are eating it near me.

Many people die from pucky-induced food poisoning. If not death, countless years of human productivity is lost due to pucky poisoning. America's health crisis is further complicated by the "pucky on everything" mantra of Americans. They pay a premium for healthy foods, then drown it in artery-clogging pucky. Go figure.

Pucky on a great slice of smoked meat, served on a fine fresh bread, with fresh veggies and smoked cheese is the equivalent of putting A-1 steak sauce on a perfectly grilled elk tenderloin. Or drowning your juicy, flavor-filled, fresh walleye or halibut with some sort of tartar sauce. Blasphemy. Should be punishable by fine, loss of hunting/fishing privileges, or both.

Meat is not a "condiment-delivery platform." Nor is a salad. They are cherished foods filled with their own unique flavors to be appreciated and savored. If you need pucky to hide flavors in your foods, you need to up your cooking game or quit buying bulk food from the Dollar General store. If you need pucky to make something taste good, you need to think about your palate training.
A man of conviction, I can appreciate that. I'm a dry guy myself.

Many people die from pucky-induced food poisoning. If not death, countless years of human productivity are lost annually due to pucky poisoning. America's health crisis is further complicated by the "pucky on everything" mantra of Americans. They pay a premium for eat healthy foods, then drown it in artery-clogging pucky. Go figure.

Now, we need clarification here. . .

Horseradish on a prime rib (or really any great steak)?
Spicy mustard on a roast beef sandwich?
Chimichurri on a grilled flank steak (and/or steak sandwich)?
Spicy mustard on a hot brat in a hoagie?

I feel like there needs to be some exceptions . . .

Now, we need clarification here. . .

Horseradish on a prime rib (or really any great steak)?
Spicy mustard on a roast beef sandwich?
Chimichurri on a grilled flank steak (and/or steak sandwich)?
Spicy mustard on a hot brat in a hoagie?

I feel like there needs to be some exceptions . . .

Pucky, each and everyone of them. Pucky! No clarification needed. Those are not exceptions!! (Mrs. Fin probably lines up closer to your list of exceptions, but these are what I've told her in similar arguments.)

Prime rib, at least quality prime rib, is so moist and flavorful, the last thing it needs is the sensation-numbing effects of horseradish. If horseshit is needed, find a better source for the prime rib.

A quality roast beef sandwich doesn't need spicy mustard. May as well just have a bread/mustard sandwich and save the cow's sacrifice for someone who would appreciate it. Maybe grab some cat chit and add to it; you'd never be able to tell with enough mustard on it.

Flank steak is a fine treat from the harvest if well cared for and grilled just below medium-rare. Be careful, you might mysteriously die of antler wounds when the Elk Karma comes back around for anyone ruining that blessed meal of flank steak with something as bad as pucky.

Mustard on anything is close to a criminal act, but to do so on a high quality brat takes it to an even higher offense. A high-quality brat deserves a smothering of homemade sauerkraut atop that hoagie. I'd expect a public ass whoopin' if I was at Octoberfest and I dishonored a homemade brat with mustard.

Last edited:
Fin is rarely wrong, but....

Can't have too much mayo on a sandwich.....
careful, don't want to get excommunicated from the fold....But if you do, I'll take your place. I can deal with dry sandwiches and no beer...

Seems like a traditional Finlander take on food. One piece bologna, 2 pieces white bread and a dry salad to mix it up.

Wait a second here. I'm a bread snob. No "balloon bread" for me. Warm moist wheat/multi-grain, straight out of Mrs. Fin's bread maker. People die from Wonder Bread, as in they "Wonder what they died from."

Do you consider gravy a condiment? The crime of Blasphemy is on the line here. :ROFLMAO:

I'd say if you learn to love pucky on your sandwiches,,,, your'e ready to handle whatever life throws at you.

It's hard to pick a favorite flavor,, they're all so good and have their place to shine. God gave you fingers so that you can lick the pucky from them,,,,,,,mmmmm good.

Back