Public land insights, by Chris Madson

Well worth the read...probably the best single piece of writing I have seen that covers the ridiculous idea of transferring public lands to the States.

Thanks for sharing Randy, I'm passing this one along. Great read.

Great read!! I've only been to WY once but am planning a 2nd trip this year. Absolutely would love to live there...but not feasible right now.

I sure hope my kids can enjoy the same DIY adventures I've been introduced to. THE WEST IS THE BEST!

Anyone who hasn't read 'The Unsung Value of BLM Lands' needs to look that one up as well. Hal Herring knows how to write a good article. It was originally printed in a Field and Stream a couple years back.

Worth a google search, but I'll try to find the link.

It is a good article, but I think he missed a pretty big point. To paraphrase he mentions how approximately 60% of federal land is in need of improvement. However, he doesn't give any numbers to the amount that has improved over say the last 50 years. Speaking mostly of range/grazing land, I'd hazard a guess that on average it much "better" than it was 50 years ago. Yes, much of that can still be better than it is, but it also needs to point out that the system in place has improved overall conditions.

I bet the people who vehemently oppose the transfer of federal lands the states are the same ones who did everything possible to keep nonresidents from hunting in their states on federal land.

I bet the people who vehemently oppose the transfer of federal lands the states are the same ones who did everything possible to keep nonresidents from hunting in their states on federal land.

Whip, what the Hell are you talking about? Where are residents stopping NR from hunting in their state?

Attachments

• dumb ass.jpg
    dumb ass.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 190

Vehemently oppose the transfer of federal lands - Guilty as charged

Did everything possible to keep nonresidents from hunting in their states on federal land - :confused::confused::confused:

Resident fee increase_Page_1.jpg

Resident fee increase_Page_2.jpg

Resident fee increase_Page_3.jpg

Resident fee increase_Page_4.jpg

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back