Yeti GOBOX Collection

Probably my last excursion out of state

Gunner46

Yep. I've lived longer than I ever expected to. Been in places that were Paradise, as well as Hell. Places that 1% of us would ever have had the opportunity. I've always held 'Lopes as my ultimate fun hunt as long back as to when I was 7 yrs old and reading my uncle Roy's Outdoor life magazines.

I figure I have maybe one good hunt left in me (hip problems)

2022. Where, or with whom?

I agree with those guys—don’t give up. I admit I stopped trying to keep up with my younger friends. Just because the packing in/outs have gotten shorter doesn’t mean we have to stop hunting altogether, though. Hang in there and enjoy the hunts you get!

Regarding hip problems, if a total joint replacement is in your future, I’d say the sooner the better. Double joint replacement for me (thanks for the genetics, dad) and I was hunting archery deer (from the ground) three weeks after the second surgery. For the second one I never needed narcotics in the recovery period, and actually saw patients 5 days later at the office (unscheduled emergency that really was a dental emergency).

Each hunting adventure takes on its own flavor. You may not feel like you did when you were 25, 45, or even 60, but the enjoyment should be in the moments that we catch ourselves saying, “wow, I’m glad I’m out here, what an amazing place I get to experience”. Even if it’s a sage flat that you’ve hunted a million times already, or someplace that no one’s ever heard of before.

I’m looking forward to your hunt adventure story @Gunner46. Go full send!

It’s all been said above but I’ll chime in- mother is 91; two hips, two knees, and a thumb. She’s not a hunter but she’ll but the fear of God in you as a shopper!! Get patched up and keep living life👍🏻

My friend/neighbor/mentor is 85. He undergoes his second hip replacement in a few hours from now. He made a statement a few months ago that he has at least one good hunt left in him and where did I want to go. I said it doesn't matter where we go as long as we go.

Yep. I've lived longer than I ever expected to. Been in places that were Paradise, as well as Hell. Places that 1% of us would ever have had the opportunity. I've always held 'Lopes as my ultimate fun hunt as long back as to when I was 7 yrs old and reading my uncle Roy's Outdoor life magazines.

I am sitting at 60 and hope to get drawn for my first ever Antelope hunt this year. 3 years past a double hip replacement, that is why i am still able to go.
Do not know your situation but if it is possible for you consider hip replacement surgery.
It has saved my hunting career.
Hopefully traveling to Montana for the hunt if drawn.

Regarding hip problems, if a total joint replacement is in your future, I’d say the sooner the better. Double joint replacement for me (thanks for the genetics, dad) and I was hunting archery deer (from the ground) three weeks after the second surgery. For the second one I never needed narcotics in the recovery period, and actually saw patients 5 days later at the office (unscheduled emergency that really was a dental emergency).

Each hunting adventure takes on its own flavor. You may not feel like you did when you were 25, 45, or even 60, but the enjoyment should be in the moments that we catch ourselves saying, “wow, I’m glad I’m out here, what an amazing place I get to experience”. Even if it’s a sage flat that you’ve hunted a million times already, or someplace that no one’s ever heard of before.

I’m looking forward to your hunt adventure story @Gunner46. Go full send!
Thanks K'Dad,,,,,

Don’t give up. There’s people everywhere, don’t be afraid to ask for help either.

Have you been to Africa? Plains game hunting can be as physically accessible as you want it. The icing on the cake is seeing hundreds of animals of dozens of species, sometimes on a daily basis.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back