Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Poll: What do you think about the Space Force?

I don't like Family Guy, King of the Hill or The Simpsons. They lack old-fashioned wholesomeness. Wait Til Your Father Gets Home, The Jetsons and The Flintstones were much more appropriate family-oriented animations for women and children present.

@TomTeriffic you should watch Rick and Morty

I work for the Space Force as a DoD Civilian. If a kid wants to join the military and have all the benefits that come with it AND be totally safe, this is the service to join.

I joke with them that the Space Force will be the first branch to do basic training online!

Came here to see someone post a video or meme of Kamala H talking about how exciting space is. Disappointed

@TomTeriffic...look here!

Forget Will Smith GIF

I work for the Space Force as a DoD Civilian. If a kid wants to join the military and have all the benefits that come with it AND be totally safe, this is the service to join.

I joke with them that the Space Force will be the first branch to do basic training online!
Be totally safe? No heroes. No cowards. Nothing reaffirmed. If it does not involve "fighting with deadly weapons" it is not "military" to me.
I was even disappointed with the Army when I was in (1988-1995). I did not hear the bugle calls most of the time. Other disheartening things about the Army I found while in: 1. women drill sergeants 2. the phasing out of old-fashioned terms like WAAC, and attempts to replace "mess hall" with "dining facility" 3. the aversion of modern NCO's to the term "sarge" 4. no summertime khakis as in World War Two through Vietnam 5. the fact the Army does not operate its very own cargo/troop transport planes: the modern Army's fixed-wing aviation program was quite limited in scope 6. the lies Army recruiters would tell

Be totally safe? No heroes. No cowards. Nothing reaffirmed. If it does not involve "fighting with deadly weapons" it is not "military" to me.
I was even disappointed with the Army when I was in (1988-1995). I did not hear the bugle calls most of the time. Other disheartening things about the Army I found while in: 1. women drill sergeants 2. the phasing out of old-fashioned terms like WAAC, and attempts to replace "mess hall" with "dining facility" 3. the aversion of modern NCO's to the term "sarge" 4. no summertime khakis as in World War Two through Vietnam 5. the fact the Army does not operate its very own cargo/troop transport planes: the modern Army's fixed-wing aviation program was quite limited in scope 6. the lies Army recruiters would tell
You asked. 🤷‍♂️

Considering that a large percentage of not-too-distant future conflicts will be fought remotely with drones, robots, etc., worrying about what small arms space force operators will have in basic training is a little myopic. We will still need a few grunts, but we will need a heck of lot more nerds programming, deploying, and piloting remote-controlled weapon systems.

If you don't believe me, you haven't been paying attention to the war in Ukraine.

Considering that a large percentage of not-too-distant future conflicts will be fought remotely with drones, robots, etc., worrying about what small arms space force operators will have in basic training is a little myopic. We will still need a few grunts, but we will need a heck of lot more nerds programming, deploying, and piloting remote-controlled weapon systems.

If you don't believe me, you haven't been paying attention to the war in Ukraine.
I recall the mockery when it was created in 2019...now we are doing victory laps after shooting down a 'spy' balloon that traveled the breadth of the country.

I think a space force is a good idea...prob one of the best in recent times. People laugh at thinking of war in space or other planets is crazy.

I would bet alot of money that when men were firing muskets at each other, they would never have thought they might have to someday watch the skies for a big metal craft that would shoot a rate that they couldn't match with their entire army.

In short Im hoping for gundams

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back