Planet of Humans

Didnt watch the video but read things yrs back about how un green the making of solar panels is lots of chemicals and Im sure china is very responsible with disposing of them
Some scientists are saying the same thing about household recycling now. I guess it's taking more energy and resources to process the recycled materials than make new. And the stuff they use during the recycling process is worse than having all the trash contained in a landfill.

Some scientists are saying the same thing about household recycling now. I guess it's taking more energy and resources to process the recycled materials than make new. And the stuff they use during the recycling process is worse than having all the trash contained in a landfill.
Most residential recycling is a joke (for the reasons stated above) -- a "feel good" salve for those who want to feel like they are doing something without actually doing something.

Most residential recycling is a joke (for the reasons stated above) -- a "feel good" salve for those who want to feel like they are doing something without actually doing something.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle are in that order for a reason.

Driving a Toyota Tundra into the dirt is way better for the environment than getting a new Prius every 5 years.

I read most household recycling just goes into the local land fill .China used to buy it but they stopped now

I heat my home with bio fuel. Its renewable and carbon neutral. It's called firewood. Not sure what fossil fuel Michael Moore uses to heat his home or homes?
I always enjoy your input on current issues. It usually sounds like something I’d say but you’re better with words. Ain’t it funny how the uppity folks always trying to tell the common man how to be green when we’ve been more eco friendly than them for years?

Imports are enviro friendly? mtmuley
No cars are enviro friendly to be honest. @wllm1313 comment about the Tundra just made me think about the fact that I hope to drive this Camry into the dirt. It’s not that old and almost paid for so more hunting fund money for me if it lasts a long time.

Driving a Toyota Tundra into the dirt is way better for the environment than getting a new Prius every 5 years.

Don't get me wrong, my truck is a 2007 so I'm in the "reuse" category, but someone else is buying that used Prius. It's not like people are dousing their used Prius(es)? Prii? in gas and setting them on fire after buying a new one.

Don't get me wrong, my truck is a 2007 so I'm in the "reuse" category, but someone else is buying that used Prius. It's not like people are dousing their used Prius(es)? Prii? in gas and setting them on fire after buying a new one.
Fair... to that point would be interesting to look at scrap age by company and model + single owner versus multiple.

My supposition is that there are those that do preventive maintenance and keep their vehicles running for 20 years and 400k and those that do nothing and turn and burn them. Those turn and burn vehicles average a total life of 9-10 years and 150k because none their various owners maintain them.

In the car carbon footprint game I think everyone can agree Cuba has run away with the competition.
1589077312247.jpeg

Camry is Kentucky... Corolla is Mississippi, Sienna/highlander/sequoia are Indiana... I believe Tundras and Tacoma’s are Texas.
Tundras and Tacoma’s are pretty much the state vehicle of Montana. In Bozeman it’s a spotlessly clean lifted Tacoma on gnarly tires with gas cans, shovels and hi-lift jacks bolted to the exterior.

m
Fair... to that point would be interesting to look at scrap age by company and model + single owner versus multiple.

My supposition is that there are those that do preventive maintenance and keep their vehicles running for 20 years and 400k and those that do nothing and turn and burn them. Those turn and burn vehicles average a total life of 9-10 years and 150k because none their various owners maintain them.

In the car carbon footprint game I think everyone can agree Cuba has run away with the competition.
View attachment 139674

Would the Detroit/Cuban car, running at 9 mpg since 1956 really have a lower carbon footprint than @geetar's Camary, that presumable has a high mpg rating and emission controls? Kind of like the decision to replace an older freezer with a new one with a much higher energy efficiency. Whis is better for the planet?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back