Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Perfect Hunt Talk Thread

I'd like to see a thread discussing the intrinsic value of a DIY hunt where a group of hunters donned head to toe in a mix Kuiu, Sitka, Firstlite, and Walmart clothing, holding landowner wolf tags procured through a State sanctioned auction held by SFW. They would also have to use a Nissan pickup towing a Ford to access public land (wilderness?) through property held by the Koch brothers in Montana, BUT also use a muzzle-loading-crossbow, sporting lighted nocks and the latest Leupold scope with Butler Creek flip up caps.

They may or may not need trekker poles, gaiters and a Havalon knife to perform a gutless skinning procedure on said wolf should they kill one. I'll leave that up to the group to decide.

Would the hunt take place during a shoulder season?

Its also pretty tough to talk about a perfect thread without elkcheese....and JoseCuervo.

I'll never forget the Cheese and the bunkers he built...or the survival tips.

The old "survival" section was the best. Reading the cheese was like an 11PM stroll through WalMart.

How to make "something or other" taste like roast beef. Jose's response made me spit coffee on the keyboard.

Last edited:
Any thread with one of Big Racks cryptic, one line, question/answer/statement.

The tips from the Girl Scout handbook in the Survival section were pretty fun, but not making jerky in your kitchen hanging it from the ceiling fun. Since we are in the way back mode, a debate on the merits of "collage" would be needed.

Fact.

I would also expect to see Buzz suggesting it would take more than one firing brain cell for someone to figure it out.

Hey, the only Fact. I want to know is what kind of rifle/scope are you running?

Thread wouldn't be complete without that information.

A post by Steve Goodman. I read Steve's post. He told me it was the perfect Hunt Talk post. I sent Steve a letter and told him it was not the perfect Hunt Talk post. It had not mentioned anything about changes in the AZ non-resident draw, sharing a tent with someone who has lactose intolerance, hunting in bedroom slippers, glassing for first 20 minutes of daylight to discover the "bull elk" was merely some deadfall behind a bit of brush, being chased by grizzly bears or falling down a steep mountainside in a whiteout.

Well, Steve sent me a few new lines he added to this post and I realized he had written the perfect Hunt Talk post. So, I felt obliged to put it in this post. The last verse goes something like this....

I got a tag, in the new AZ system....
And my buddy chit his pants in the tent ......

But, before I could get to my slippers in the morning light ....
A damn grizzly bear chased me down the mountainside ....

And I'll hang around as long as Fin will let me.....
And I never minded hunting, in the rain......

Chorus

Need a picture of a fat tattooed guy with a beard in flip flops versus a guy that shaves his legs in his underwear :hump:

Last edited:
Wouldn't be complete without Roadhunter, now would it?

This thread has now been perfected. Just sayin....

Attachments

• 330941-1412115234-wide.jpg
    330941-1412115234-wide.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 221

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back