People Fleeing cities? Not according to Zillow

I have been doing work in a pretty exclusive somewhat rural development. Expensive lots for Arizona. They cost more than my house by 1.5-3x and I have a pretty decent house.
Every time a new phase comes on they sell out almost immediately. Almost all cash, almost all Californians.
The last time I spoke with the broker, they had just put the most recent phase of 76 lots on the market and sold 68 of them in 7 days.

They’re coming as fast as they can.

Speaking of...
Bozeman... the first Montana city to petition for Criminal Sanctuary.

A Constitutional Amendment passed State Legislature (HB146) to prohibit Montana municipalities from becoming Criminal Sanctuary Cities.

However, it was vetoed (2019).

Welcome to Montana.

I have been doing work in a pretty exclusive somewhat rural development. Expensive lots for Arizona. They cost more than my house by 1.5-3x and I have a pretty decent house.
Every time a new phase comes on they sell out almost immediately. Almost all cash, almost all Californians.
The last time I spoke with the broker, they had just put the most recent phase of 76 lots on the market and sold 68 of them in 7 days.

They’re coming as fast as they can.

Do you know what the demographics are? Boomers, X, or millennials?

With a 2.75 percent interest rate and $200K down, it's about $2500 a month. Between two earners, if their income is in fact roughly $100K/year, it's not too much of a stretch.
Fair in their current situation, but long, cold Montana winters make babies. Those little suckers are not cheap.

Do you know what the demographics are? Boomers, X, or millennials?
I don’t know exactly. From what I’ve seen(which is only a small sample), it is both younger working people that can keep their California wages and work remotely, and also Boomers that are retiring. There’s also very wealthy people that are buying them as 2nd or 3rd homes.

I don’t have any good data on demographics though. I’ll ask the broker

Speaking of...

A Constitutional Amendment passed State Legislature (HB146) to prohibit Montana municipalities from becoming Criminal Sanctuary Cities.

Welcome to Montana.

It was a bill. Not a Const. Amendment.

I don’t know exactly. From what I’ve seen(which is only a small sample), it is both younger working people that can keep their California wages and work remotely, and also Boomers that are retiring. There’s also very wealthy people that are buying them as 2nd or 3rd homes.

I don’t have any good data on demographics though. I’ll ask the broker

I got to wondering today if millennials are moving, are soon going to have kids and we' ll see their parents following them in retirement for lower cost of living and so they can be close to their grandchildren. Sort of a double whammy.

I am no longer willing to disclose the somewhat crap towns that I would consider retiring in, just in case someone who only lives there a month every year buys up said crap towns. As with most problems in life the best solution is to have been born into wealth. Sorry kids...:D

Speaking of...

Welcome to Montana.
It was a bill. Not a Const. Amendment.

Y luego está Ben y su hábil atención a los detalles ... Gracias señor. :)

When a person/couple pays over 20% for housing cost it’s only a matter of time before they run out of money. $2500 a month mortgage is about about 3 months away from foreclosure when you get sick, get divorced, or get laid off.

The bay area couple in the article were clients of mine, and are very nice people and very happy. Others in the article were also clients.

Going over my consultations from the first of the year, like always, there's been a good number of clients moving from Wisconsin and Minnesnowta. in addition to folks from Texas (Houston, Dallas and Austin), Seattle, and Colorado (Boulder and Denver). All have outnumbered Californians FWIW.

Many of these people are moving here after their kids have started at MSU.

The bay area couple in the article were clients of mine, and are very nice people and very happy. Others in the article were also clients.

Going over my consultations from the first of the year, like always, there's been a good number of clients moving from Wisconsin and Minnesnowta. in addition to folks from Texas (Houston, Dallas and Austin), Seattle, and Colorado (Boulder and Denver). All have outnumbered Californians FWIW.

Many of these people are moving here after their kids have started at MSU.
That is an interesting and sobering data point(s).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back