Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Pendley to be nominated to head BLM

In other news, I heard Toby Bridges has been hired to be the new CEO of Defenders of Wildlife.
Some people have concerns that his past advocacy and vigilante style mini-van driving as founder of Lobo Watch might not be harmonious with his current responsibilities but he assured them that he knows which side of the bread is buttered and where the cash cow is pastured.

(fake news)

I wouldn't expect you to be.

And I expect if the shoe was on the other foot, you would not find a last minute conversion convincing either.

So why would a president nominate a person well known for his views to head an agency if the president did not on some level agree??

Of course they have to keep it on the down low.

In Austin one year, a group of Longhorns came across an Aggie jumping up and down on a manhole cover in the middle of 6th Street yelling 18,18,18!. One Longhorn asked him what he was doing and the Aggie jumped
real high again and yelled 18!. So the T'sipper asked him again and the Aggie
convinced him to try it, "it's fun!" he said.
So the T'sipper jumped and yelled 18.
The Aggie told him to jump HIGHER and yell LOUDER. The T'sipper jumped REAL high and said 18.
The Aggie said he had to jump higher and yell LOUDER.
So the Longhorn jumped REAL HIGH and yelled REAL LOUD "18!".
At that moment, the Aggie YANKED the manhole cover out of the way, the Longhorn dropped into the sewer, and the
Aggie returned the cover to it's place and jumped from it yelling "19,19,19!".

Knock it off BHR

To the point of land sales and resource extraction. It does little good to point out that the administration isn’t actually selling the land if it’s policies of energy and resource extraction essentially amount to crony capitalism.

If the landowner(American public) isn’t being compensated fairly for the resource private industry is extracting then I don’t support development.

In Austin one year, a group of Longhorns came across an Aggie jumping up and down on a manhole cover in the middle of 6th Street yelling 18,18,18!. One Longhorn asked him what he was doing and the Aggie jumped
real high again and yelled 18!. So the T'sipper asked him again and the Aggie
convinced him to try it, "it's fun!" he said.
So the T'sipper jumped and yelled 18.
The Aggie told him to jump HIGHER and yell LOUDER. The T'sipper jumped REAL high and said 18.
The Aggie said he had to jump higher and yell LOUDER.
So the Longhorn jumped REAL HIGH and yelled REAL LOUD "18!".
At that moment, the Aggie YANKED the manhole cover out of the way, the Longhorn dropped into the sewer, and the
Aggie returned the cover to it's place and jumped from it yelling "19,19,19!".

Knock it off BHR
What's the matter Noharley? Are you a longhorn? ;)

And I expect if the shoe was on the other foot, you would not find a last minute conversion convincing either.

So why would a president nominate a person well known for his views to head an agency if the president did not on some level agree??

Of course they have to keep it on the down low.
Maybe Trump hates wild horses and burros too, and is running out of people in DC that doesn't want to stab him in the back?

Maybe Trump hates wild horses and burros too, and is running out of people in DC that doesn't (sic) want to stab him in the back?
Perhaps ... however it appears there are a growing number of people in DC and elsewhere who are willing to confront him face-to-face, with some appalling assertions.

Pendley is obviously a bad choice for this position IMO.

Looking at some of the comments here is rather perplexing in that some here act as they think this current administration is going to be out in January and IF that happens the new one is going to be a bastion of character and stewardship.

I say that is a lot of wishful thinking.

We need the Senate to do the right thing and kick this nomination to the curb.

Last edited:
Maybe Trump hates wild horses and burros too, and is running out of people in DC that doesn't want to stab him in the back?

I'm all on board with that idea. I wish they had worked on it when they controlled both Houses of Congress, as it will take a law change to override the many court rulings they've lost to this point. They will never get it through the House at this time.

Part of what Zinke promised to those who pushed his nomination behind the scenes was taking on this wild horse issue to improve public land range conditions. It never made it to a priority list while change could have been implemented.

I'd support any progress on this wild horse issue. Yet, my enemy's enemy is not always my friend.

Hyperbole here is pretty high. Bet you guys can't top this diatribe though. ;)

Next option would probably be hire government sharpshooters when every hunter would love to cull some wild horses. 😂 The government never fails to complicate the simple.

All I know is that back when my wife raised chickens they weren't all that efficient and wasted some feed as they produced their eggs for the family. Wise man that I was, I promoted my pet fox to be in charge of managing the chickens and getting their frivolous and wasteful eating habits under control. He had to get a couple other of his fox buddies to help out but I am proud to annouce that we don't have any more wasted food at the chicken house. We don't get any eggs anymore either but that's not a big deal. Actually, we don't have any chickens anymore come to think about it? I wonder how that happened? STUPID CHICKENS! I should have known they would be so irresponsible as to get eaten.
You could pretty much fit this into any political thread. 😂

Based on this apparent sky-is-not-falling-logic Nacy is great on guns. I mean she's be head of the house from 2007 to 2011 and 2019-2020. The number of guns in my safe increased during both those stretches. Better pat her on the back for her 2nd defense.

Based on this apparent sky-is-not-falling-logic Nacy is great on guns. I mean she's be head of the house from 2007 to 2011 and 2019-2020. The number of guns in my safe increased during both those stretches. Better pat her on the back for her 2nd defense.
Nancy and co craft laws. Pendely manages the BLM. Swing and a miss.

I'm all on board with that idea. I wish they had worked on it when they controlled both Houses of Congress, as it will take a law change to override the many court rulings they've lost to this point. They will never get it through the House at this time.

Part of what Zinke promised to those who pushed his nomination behind the scenes was taking on this wild horse issue to improve public land range conditions. It never made it to a priority list while change could have been implemented.

I'd support any progress on this wild horse issue. Yet, my enemy's enemy is not always my friend.
The original Blackfoot Clearwater Stewardship Project was titled the Forest Jobs and Recreation Act and was introduced when the Democrates controlled the House, had a super majority in the Senate, and Obama was then President.
Pendely and company had nothing to do with holding up this good bill. Enemies to left and enemies to the right. We are just crossfire fodder. :(

I am making this really simple for myself, Pendley hasn't been a friend to public lands in the past and he won't be in the future. And this nomination is just what I have come to expect from this administration.

I apologize for taking a break, but simple math shows this plan to be a loser. Five billion dollars to entirely wipe out 88k horses and burros works out to a little under 60K per animal. It would take a long time at $1.35/aum to recover that money.

Pendlay's concern over wild horses has far more to do with cattle grazing than wildlife numbers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back