Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Pendley to be nominated to head BLM

Oak

Expert
I am unfamiliar with his previous work and see nothing in that link that would make me concerned. Care to provide amplifying data?

I am unfamiliar with his previous work and see nothing in that link that would make me concerned. Care to provide amplifying data?
He’s been very outspoken against public land in the past.

Thanks for the link Oak.

Well now that the Senate has passed the GAOA, it's time to ask your senators to oppose the nomination of William Perry Pendley to head the BLM. I guess we will find out just how pro-public lands these senators are.
President Donald J. Trump announced his intent to nominate William Perry Pendley, of Wyoming, to be Director of the Bureau of Land Management

This is going to be interesting.

We've been talking about Pendley's efforts to sell public lands since 2016. Hunt Talk link here - https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/sell-the-public-lands.266935/

As a public land advocate, having him at BLM has put our interests on the alter of sacrifice for the repayment of political favors. To the victors go the spoils and nothing makes that more important than having Pendley and his vandals running the public land agency known as the Bureau of Land Management. Pendley has no interest in Land management, the "LM" part of BLM. He is all about fulfilling his lifelong dislike for public lands and all those lands stand for.

Any Senator voting for him will be raising their hand as an anti-public land zealot. In my view as a western hunter, being anti-public land is the same as being anti-hunting. Pendley has carried the flag for that team for a long time.

This is going to be interesting.

We've been talking about Pendley's efforts to sell public lands since 2016. Hunt Talk link here - https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/sell-the-public-lands.266935/

As a public land advocate, having him at BLM has put our interests on the alter of sacrifice for the repayment of political favors. To the victors go the spoils and nothing makes that more important than having Pendley and his vandals running the public land agency known as the Bureau of Land Management. Pendley has no interest in Land management, the "LM" part of BLM. He is all about fulfilling his lifelong dislike for public lands and all those lands stand for.

Any Senator voting for him will be raising their hand as an anti-public land zealot. In my view as a western hunter, being anti-public land is the same as being anti-hunting. Pendley has carried the flag for that team for a long time.

Quality information, thanks for the education

Hyperbole here is pretty high. Bet you guys can't top this diatribe though. ;)

Hyperbole here is pretty high. Bet you guys can't top this diatribe though. ;)

No need for hyperbole when we have the guys own statements from the last 40 years. No polishing that turd.

For those of you that dont like to open links and read them, here's what the boogie man had to say recently.

"We’ve been working for several years with partners and diverse stakeholders to permanently protect and expand public access for hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation in the Blackfoot River Watershed, while reducing the threat of wildfires and providing habitat for native wildlife. This acquisition is a significant step forward in that effort, and we’re excited to see it completed,” said BLM Deputy Director for Policy and Programs William Perry Pendley.

“The BLM has been a great partner in helping TNC realize our vision of protecting public access to this land for both recreation and the economic benefit that working forests mean for local communities,” said Chris Bryant, Western Montana Land Protection Director of The Nature Conservancy, which partnered with the BLM on the acquisition. “We have worked hard to pass along this land in better shape than we received it.”

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back