MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

"Outfitter Unaccountability Act" would remove sportspersons from Board

I'm starting to wonder in what way are the outfitters of Montana not the enemy of the DIY hunter?
So...
1. Removing sportsmen seats from commission
2. Only landowning ranchers for 4 of the commission seats
3. Making Limited areas OTC
4. Outfitters get 39% of the NR tag tags off the top
5. 10 transferable landowner tags for anyone who owns 640 acres.
6. Extra 9 day muzzy season
7. Crossbows during archery

What else did I miss?

Last edited:
Montana WTF? The good idea fairy must of been let loose in the chamber and fumigated the capital with fairy coke. 🤦🏼

So...
1.Removing sportsmen seats from commission
5. Extra 9 day muzzy season
6. Crossbows during archery

What else did I miss?
10 transferable landowner tags for anyone who owns 640 acres.

So...
1. Removing sportsmen seats from commission
5. 10 transferable landowner tags for anyone who owns 640 acres.
6. Extra 9 day muzzy season
7. Crossbows during archery

What else did I miss?
8. This is all to help the resident DIY guy by reducing public land wildlife competition.

One hundred and three years after the sale of wildlife for meat was banned, it may be time for the ban of guiding for the purpose of the take of wild game birds and animals.
Unregulated market hunting drove wildlife populations to the brink of extinction.
Some people seem driven to return to the “good ole days.”

Amazing... What more can be said? I'll tell ya, Representatives are going to find extended days for Bills and mass emails, phone, and in person queries from Residents and NR's who enjoy MT for what it - offered.

The vast majority of Montana hunters are unaware or unconcerned by most of this.

If it all goes through, there will be a lot of whining and wondering what happened.
I’ve talked to a lot of Montana hunters about these bills who either don’t know or don’t care. One in particular said he didn’t see what was wrong with general tag hunting in the Breaks.

Last edited:
In five years, Montana hunters will be standing around with their pants around their ankles, wondering "what happened"? Their rage will never focus on the central issues. Instead, they'll worry about keeping their $14 deer tags, $20 elk tags, getting to hunt for 51 weeks out of the year, and continuing to hate the NR hunter for messing up their opportunity.

From what I heard through the grapevine earlier today, you haven't even seen the crest of the wave yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back