NV muleys - A new season starts

Fin, Take your time and be safe. it will be worth it. Di and I will be in the Slough Creek "wilderness" in YNP for Th, Fr and Sat nights, and we are packing now for our trip, but we will be going in and out on horse back. I couldn't pass the physical to do what you are doing. Shoot to kill. Gook luck. thanks for the numerous updates. There are many of us reading them.

A great nap, interrupted by a scorching sun. Longbow had been out fishing and cooked up a couple Golden Trout. A quick lunch of fresh fish and now time to scale one of these ridges in search of a buck to film.

An hour and a half grunt up this face and am now overlooking some of the best mule deer country in all of Nevada. Worth the hike.

"All we need is one buck Randy." Humor for those of us old enough to remember the old Miller Litr commercial.

Hunt hard guys. The pic on Fb looks like good, vast buck country. It would be nice if you had some cooler weather. On the + side; i didn't notice any smoke from the fires.

Best of luck Randy! Just one camera guy with you? Any footage of the deer the Sitka guys have seen or are they not on film?

Good luck, I'll be following this with great interest. The Ruby Mts are very high on my bucket list, and if not for too many commitments in August and a move in July, I would have snapped up a leftover tag in a heartbeat.

Just back in. Headlamps and cussing got us to camp. One little forkie to show for considerable effort. I have never had a cramp in my life, but have had severe cramps on this trip. I apologize to all the football players I called sissies over the years. Taking electrolytes and tons of water, but not helping. The Mayo changed my liver meds last month, so that is the only thing I can think of.

We have two camera guys. They have been following me, but tomorrow we will split them up to go with the Sitka guys and one stay with me. We have gotten a lot of the production stuff done, so now we can focus more on hunting.

Wiped out and time for sleep.

Sounds like you need some potassium for the cramping. We use to eat a couple of bananas the night before going diving for abalone on the west coast. It does work believe it or not but I'm sure a prescription would be easier to pack in than a bunch of bananas. Hope things start working in your favor...Good luck Fin!

Good luck! If you are in the Ruby's, I hope you can get a snowcock or two on film. Crazy looking bird. They are the Arnold Schwartzenegger of chukars...

Sounds like you need some potassium for the cramping. We use to eat a couple of bananas the night before going diving for abalone on the west coast. It does work believe it or not but I'm sure a prescription would be easier to pack in than a bunch of bananas. Hope things start working in your favor...Good luck Fin!

I used to get cramps sometimes when driving a lot. "That is my fault though". After I figured out the problem, along with a doctor.

My problem ;
I thought I was drinking plenty of liquids and eating good. A truckers life consists of. drinking coffee, ice tea and some water. Junk food.

With the calves and toes cramping so much. I had to stop and rest so much I slowed down on that.

About five years ago I couldn't stand it anymore. The doc had me cut down the bad stuff and take a potassium pill for a while. Although I no longer do that I do eat a banana everyday. I was then, and am still pretty active as far as exercise, but I cleaned up a lot of the foods and take more care. I keep dehydrated banana chips and G2 with me a lot now It seems to help.

Fin, yours may be something entirely something different. I know your no wuss but sometimes peoples bodys change, and we have to do something different. Hell look at LB he's wearing stockings.:D they helped. It may be something simple, and it may be something that the doc sees. Take care and watch it. Good luck !!!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back