NV muleys - A new season starts

I dont have cable/satellite but would like to see your show sometime, sounds good. Best of luck.

What a grunt. What I estimated to be a four hour hike, even with some production stops, turned out to be seven hours for me and the sixty pounds of gear I hauled in. The guys from Sitka Gear near me by about two hours and the camera guys said they made it in an hour less.

If not for NVLongbow, this production endeavor would have stalked a few miles back. He brought his gear on on his horses yesterday, then walked down to help us with gear when we left this morning. He needed to let his horses rest last night, so they started in camp. Longbow is crazy to hike down and help us, knowing what this would be like, following his trip with his horses. Or, he is just the best damn friend you could ask for. I will go with the latter.

Producing aTV show adds way more than is sane, as far as sponsor gear for integration, production gear, new ideas for this year that require new cameras and accessories.

On the way in we met a packer who was hauling a hunter out. He looked at all our junk, the heavy packs, and remarked how we better be getting paid a lot. I got his phone number, and given all the junk we have, I might call him to come in and take some of it out when we are done. At least the production gear, if nothing else.

Oops, meant to add that I am not put hunting tonight. To beat. The camera crew followed the Sitka guys up a couple ridges near camp. I offered to organize gear and work on rehydrating, something I am in desperate need of.

Tomorrow will be a good day.

AKD - I get the videos (DVD) each year. The first 3 years are already out - the video for this season should be here later this year. Better than TV - you can watch them whenever you want. They are available on this web site, but the DVD is the best way.

Good luck, Fin. This will definitely show the value of wilderness to the hunting community. Keep safe.

I love and hate that I'm going hunting "with you" again this fall. Love to be watching from afar, hate that I'm not the on doing the hunting, but realistically loving that fact that I wasn't humping gear into the backwoods today.

Its all an ADVENTURE, and its wonderful that you get to have the adventure with NVLongbow and the
"clothing-that-is-gear" guys. Hope you find some good camera stars.

P.S.......still seems weird that technology exists to allow nearly instant updates, even in wilderness areas.

Sounds like you are in place and ready to go though. Good luck and fins a big one. Hope the rain that Nevada has been having stays away from you up there.

Best of luck on the hunt, sounds like a gruelling adventure trying to do everything for the TV show. I will just stick to climbing hills and hunting i think..enjoy the updates.

Been glassing all morning. Nothing yet. I wasn't aware cows would be in a wilderness area. Not that it really matters, just unexpected.

Wind is out of the east. Required a change in morning strategy.

Still licking my wounds from yesterday. Nothing lots of water, Motrin, and moleskin can't cure.

Gotta go. Need some deer footage.

Been glassing all morning. Nothing yet. I wasn't aware cows would be in a wilderness area. Not that it really matters, just unexpected.

Wind is out of the east. Required a change in morning strategy.

Still licking my wounds from yesterday. Nothing lots of water, Motrin, and moleskin can't cure.

Gotta go. Need some deer footage.

We saw plenty of cows in the Arc Dome Wilderness in Nevada last week.

No smoke issues.

Got a text from the Sitka guys. They are camped on a "toad" to use their term. They are waiting for a steady wind.

Nothing over in our drainage. My eyes hurt from glassing. Decided to head back to camp and get a few hours of much needed rest. Hit it again this afternoon.

Cloudy, windy, and nice cool temps. Almost DQ weather.

Back