Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Nra

you don't give Slick Willy nearly enough credit!

His 1994 'assault weapon' ban effectively caused the price of police
equipment to rise so high that average police officers couldn't afford to
purchase necessary gear. For example, practically overnight normal-capacity
Glock magazines went from $25.00, to over $100.00, per copy. Immediately after
the ban expired, prices returned to where they had been.

And, the bright side? Just look at how safe the streets of Chicago are.
Virtual gun prohibition has surely been 'effective' there, eh?

And, let's not forget CT. In CT, the 1994 WJC gun-ban never ended. What
was federal law, continued as state law. So, in order to 'protect our
children,' we're now going to re-institute legislation for the entire nation,
that just failed to protect them in CT!

Does any kind of logic ever play a role any more?"

These additional comments from a large, local gun retailer:

"Waiting period for background checks has just exceeded forty-six business
hours. It is now effectively over a week!

We have no ARs, AKs, XCRs, SIGs, PTRs, M1As, etc left. We're sold-out.
And, every copy we have on order, which may or may not ever arrive, is
already spoken for, several times over. Two wholesalers we do business with
closed their doors today. They have no more inventory.

Pmags (30-rnd) are now $60.00/copy, and we're sold-out. They're going
for over $100.00/copy on gunbroker.com

We're sold-out of 223. Once again, every single round we have on
back-order is already sold!"

Comment:

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel
important. They don't mean to do harm, but the harm they do does not
interest them. Or, they do not see it, or they justify it because they are
absorbed in an endless struggle to think well of themselves."

John Farnham quip

I have never been a member of the NRA. I doubt I will be either, especially with the latest thing they have said regarding an armed policeman in each school. That is ridiculous, not the atmosphere I want my kids to experience in an educational environment. They want to fix the problem, they should educate people on mental illness, teach teachers how to recognize symptoms. There will never be a true all fix. It's up to the parents too to help their child if they recognize issues, but without healthcare or benefits for such things I doubt those parents will follow through, they are more likely to just try their odds and hope their kid turns out ok. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

It's always something, at least gas prices are going down.

+1 on the gas prices. The only time I've been more happy about my diesel was prior to 05 when the EPA didn't decide to do one more thing. Its always one more thing...

My high school as others around here already have full time armed cops. The cop in my school was pretty cool. He could kick your ass just for running in the hall. I didn't mind. My kids don't either. What's wrong with a little strong arm supervision. Its better than Jenifer that sits behind the bank teller window at the front office.

Its also nice seeing the cop car parked right in front of the school. There's a little deterrent right there.

I too am a hunter from Montana that no longer supports the NRA. In the recently completed election cycle, we saw NRA support candidates that did not even hold a current hunting license against a candidate that was a hunter. They caused good past legislators to lose because of their meddling into Montana affairs. Their sole purpose was to get the most far right conservative candidates elected irregardless of their knowledge or ability. Partially because of NRA's efforts, Montana sportsmen and women will have a very difficult time protecting our heritage in the upcoming legislative session.

As a parent, i cannot, and hopefully never will, fully understand what the parents of those 20 children are going thru.

This is a very complicated issue and no one solution will begin to solve the problem. Guns, mental health, violent videos, violent tv shows etc. all are contributing factors. We need meaningful dialogue in an attempt to address the problem. Nothing we do will totally stop the killings but if we are able to reduce the killings would this not be a good start??

The NRA had a chance to be a leader on this subject but instead chose to draw a line in the sand. As an avid gun owner and hunter sonething needs to change to protect innocent people.

EAITHER AN IDIOT OR A FOOL

My behavior has caused some to call me both in the past.

I no longer am a member of NRA. Back in the day NRA emphasized gun safety and taught kids about handling firearms. Now it's all politics and lobbying ... as pointed out previously, sometimes against the best interests of sportsmen and wildlife. But when Wayne was lobbying for members to hate hardworking forestry, wildlife, and other professionals who work for the federal government that was the last straw for me. Some of those "jackbooted thugs" who work for the guvment are friends, neighbors, and downright good people. So ... sorry, Wayne, I'm gone.

While on business a few days ago I dropped by a New York State sporting goods store. My intention, was to buy my son, a sling shot for Christmas. One of the employees told me that they don't sell them because they are illegal in New York state.

On the drive home, I got to thinking. They can't buy a sling shot there because they don't have a National Sling shot association. Without a political voice, the sling shot people lost their rights.

Together we stand, divided we fall. The NRA is defending your rights no matter if you are a hunter, a collector, a recreational shooter.

If you don't vote, don't bitch about elected officials. If you don't belong to the NRA of similar organization, don't bitch to anyone when you loose your gun rights.

The repsonses on this subject within provide some proof. {These are guys on a hunt talk site, and many are hunters AND are no longer members?!

>Make me prez of the nra, I would be finding out how to make everyone on here happy real quick for starters. Enrollng 8k new members is cool, what if these new members feel the same way some others feel, and have expressed here?, may not stay members?

I would point out that the members vote and decide who will serve on the board of the NRA. So as a member everyone has just as much an opportunity to elect their choice as they have for the POTUS,....actually a better opportunity, since the NRA only allows actual members to vote, instead of dead people and illegals.

Do I agree with having an armed police officer at my daughters high school? Hell yes. In the last week there has been rumors going around the high school that caused the police officers to Be there. It made me and my wife feel more comfortable knowing someone that knew how to use a gun was there to protect our child in case something happened. It also makes us feel better that most of the teachers and coaches are sportsman. we live in an area where its no big deal if you see a rifle or a handgun in someones vehicle. Opinions are like you know what and everyone has one but that's mine.

"Together we stand, divided we fall. The NRA is defending your rights no matter if you are a hunter, a collector, a recreational shooter.
If you don't vote, don't bitch about elected officials. If you don't belong to the NRA of similar organization, don't bitch to anyone when you loose your gun rights."

Amen to that Bro! They may not be perfect in what they do and/or say, but they are basically the only real organization that can fight the fight for us in DC. There appear to be an awful lot of people with their head in the sand. Obama wants something concrete done before he gives his State of the Union Address in late January. Even if there were no more guns manufactured or sold in the US there are so many now that there will continue to be probems and there will be mass shooting in another school if something like putting a qualified armed guard in each school isn't instituted. There is no way that all the loonies out there will be recognized and stopped from doing bad things regardless of what changes we make in the mental health system. There are many schools that have armed guards for a long time and I haven't heard of any shooting or even an attempted shooting at one of them. The kids seem to feel better and are friends with them and learn that law officers are nothing to be scared of. I think those that are saying they would never accept this suggestion need to look and find out that it's not a big deal if done correctly and I'd bet the kids , if they had a vote, would overwhelmingly say they would feel safer and not have a second thought about it---just my opinion like all of you have yours!

Jig, bars will be closing again in a few hours. Will you have another thread for us?;):D

The repsonses on this subject within provide some proof. {These are guys on a hunt talk site, and many are hunters AND are no longer members?!

>Make me prez of the nra, I would be finding out how to make everyone on here happy real quick for starters. Enrollng 8k new members is cool, what if these new members feel the same way some others feel, and have expressed here?, may not stay members?

...translation please.:confused:

Forums Statistics

Threads: 45,304, Posts: 518,059, Members: 9,531, Active Members: 870

Last edited:
NRA is the biggest industri scam going.

Get a bunch of Grass-roots individuals to fund the gun manufacturer's trade association for them.

The NR's only goal is to protect manufacturerss. They don't care about hunters, just about gun manufacturers.

Wayne LaPierre made a fool out of himself in yesterday's "contribution" to the discussion. He looked like he is completely lost and looked like the Baghdad spokesman for Saddam denying the approaching US troops.

JC---Looks like I'll be the first this morning to say you're full of chit!!! Are you a hunter or just a troll on this site, LOL!!!

Last edited:
I figure that I saved the NRA three times the cost of my membership dues - just in the postage and print cost of all the crap they kept mailing me.

I figure that I saved the NRA three times the cost of my membership dues - just in the postage and print cost of all the crap they kept mailing me.

My trash collectors sent me a thank you when my weekly garbage was decreased in half from not having to throw away the twice a week "Urgent Appeal" for funds to fight the latest boogie man the NRA invented to scare folks into writing them checks to build palaces for Wayne LaPierre to "strategerize" about his next great scam on the membership.

Coinspriratorial thinkers? A congressman once told me that NOTHING in Washington DC happens by accident if it favors the adminsitration in power. What makes anyone actually think that some loopy kid would go off the deep end, kill his mother, then run to her school and start shooting?

If the congressman was right, there is an entire side to this that nobody is looking at. Remember the report that most of the guns used by the Mexican cartels came from the US? It was true. Then Fast and Furious got revealed and we're still trying to settle that. Benghazi was the result of a out of control reaction to a Muslin hate film, until the truth came out and Al Quaida was shown to be responsible. Hillary Clinton was supposed to testify before a congressional committee about Benghazi, until she mysteriously fell and got a concussion. Do any of these acutally smack of coincidence? Of course they are. No one would be so callous as to plan any of this stuff.
Talk about heads in the sand!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back