Nra

JC---I could give a chit if they banned what you're talking about because I don't have any and don't see any friggin need for a clip holding more than 8 or 10 rounds in anything but maybe a 22. However, if the truth would come out, it appears from the video that there is some kind of coverup going on to get this ban started again. The video clearly shows a cop taking that AR out of the trunk of the kid's car and unloading it in the presence of other cops. The news report is that 2 to 4 handguns with numerous clips were found in the school with Lanza's body. However, the coroner gave his news briefing and says they were all killed with the friggin assault rifle that was initially reported as being found in the trunk and video appears to back that up! If one semi-automatic weapon is banned, they will then proceed to go for others and that includes any of the common hunting rifles that take a clip and you can take that to the bank. That is what the NRA fears and why they take the stance they do. Take a look at the countless weapons that would be banned in the Bill that Feinstein wants to submit when Congress reconvenes in January. It sure as chit isn't just ARs and their big clips!!! Sure it can happen out on the playground, but an easier way to take out a bunch of kids there would be at highspeed in a friggin car or truck. Do you plan to ban vehicles while you're at it? I think in the next week or two you'll see the NRA engage in a little more meaningful discussion on things that can be done, but because of what I just mentioned I don't think they will waver much on fighting a ban that won't do Jack Chit to stop this kind of stuff!

Once it starts, the gun grabbing will be wide and far...Good thing I don't own any! :D

Coinspriratorial thinkers? A congressman once told me that NOTHING in Washington DC happens by accident if it favors the adminsitration in power. What makes anyone actually think that some loopy kid would go off the deep end, kill his mother, then run to her school and start shooting?

If the congressman was right, there is an entire side to this that nobody is looking at. Remember the report that most of the guns used by the Mexican cartels came from the US? It was true. Then Fast and Furious got revealed and we're still trying to settle that. Benghazi was the result of a out of control reaction to a Muslin hate film, until the truth came out and Al Quaida was shown to be responsible. Hillary Clinton was supposed to testify before a congressional committee about Benghazi, until she mysteriously fell and got a concussion. Do any of these acutally smack of coincidence? Of course they are. No one would be so callous as to plan any of this stuff.
Talk about heads in the sand!

That's 24 HCF material right there.

I'm a life member and I have a lot of friends, none of whom are "fools or idiots," who have good reasons for not belonging to the NRA. If the NRA took better positions on hunting/land management issues, I suspect more hunters would be members.

Thanks Fin! I'm not a member for several reasons and these happen to be the main ones.

If some one is trying to come into your house and take your guns, would you crack open the door and give them just one gun?, in hopes they would leave and not come back? HEL$ NO!

There might be some of you holding grudges for other issues against the NRA. They might do things you disagree of but they are the largest lobbyist organizations to fight for your second amendment.

Without your second amendment all the “other issues” don’t mean chit.

For some of you to say the ban will not affect you, if you are a gun owner IT WILL AFFECT YOU.
Once you open the door and they have one foot in, they will not stop there.

Let’s say you are a law abiding citizen and have a gun that fits their description as an “assault weapon” or a handgun that has factory magazines holding more than 10 rounds. Just say the ban passes and you decide you are going to keep your gun or the magazines because you think they don’t know what you have. Well neighbor.. your title has just changed from a law abiding citizen to an armed and dangerous criminal.

Lets say it is late in the night, you and your wife are a sleep in your room and your kids are a sleep in their rooms down the hall way on the other end of the house. All of a sudden you wake up to the sound of someone breaking in your house and hear foot steps going down the hall way towards your kids rooms. You instinctively jump out of bed and reach for your gun but oh chit you don’t have any guns because your leaders took them, because you opened the door for them.
Instead you reach for your sons baseball bat and go after the intruder. Just as you start down the hall there is a defining blast and you drop to the floor with pain that you have never felt before. You’ve just been shot by the gun that the “bad guy” possessed

Your first instinct was to grab for you gun to protect your family, but yet you are bitchin about having armed guards at your schools…………………………?

Can’t believe the comments from some of you….
I would say some of you will read this and still not get it…..sad .. Sad.. Sad….

You know I look at the in-fighting on this page between gun owners and I see the enemy is really us.

Don't like the calls and the mailers--- I understand you can opt out if you want.

Don't believe the NRA should be involved in issues other then the 2nd Amendment, I'm with you too and I'm still an NRA member.

The list goes on........

The whining about politics and the NRA being a political machine--- I've got news for you people it's ALL about politics---- politics effects your life, your paycheck, your health care, your retirement, the way you raise and educate your kids, so many things in life and yes they will determine what's in your gun cabinet---if you let them.

I've often wondered if those gunowners who didn't belong to any pro-gun group including the NRA were just too cheap to join and looking for insignificant excuses to use?

The NRA is the biggest and most powerful pro-gun PAC--period. They undeniably pack the most clout and have the most influence in Congress. I live in Idaho and can call my congressmen and senators and they are conservative and pro-gun as is most of this state. If I lived in a state such as CA or across the border in WA a call to my senator about my gun rights would fall on deaf ears I might as well be talking to Mr. Potato Head. In this instance organizations such as the NRA are your voice.

I don't agree with what the NRA does 100% of the time but looking at the big picture they do the most good in protecting your right to own a gun for personal protection and recreation both inside and outside your home.

The antis just love this kind of fighting amongst us, it ultimately serves their end.

JC---I could give a chit if they banned what you're talking about because I don't have any and don't see any friggin need for a clip holding more than 8 or 10 rounds in anything but maybe a 22. However, if the truth would come out, it appears from the video that there is some kind of coverup going on to get this ban started again. The video clearly shows a cop taking that AR out of the trunk of the kid's car and unloading it in the presence of other cops. The news report is that 2 to 4 handguns with numerous clips were found in the school with Lanza's body. However, the coroner gave his news briefing and says they were all killed with the friggin assault rifle that was initially reported as being found in the trunk and video appears to back that up! If one semi-automatic weapon is banned, they will then proceed to go for others and that includes any of the common hunting rifles that take a clip and you can take that to the bank. That is what the NRA fears and why they take the stance they do. Take a look at the countless weapons that would be banned in the Bill that Feinstein wants to submit when Congress reconvenes in January. It sure as chit isn't just ARs and their big clips!!! Sure it can happen out on the playground, but an easier way to take out a bunch of kids there would be at highspeed in a friggin car or truck. Do you plan to ban vehicles while you're at it? I think in the next week or two you'll see the NRA engage in a little more meaningful discussion on things that can be done, but because of what I just mentioned I don't think they will waver much on fighting a ban that won't do Jack Chit to stop this kind of stuff!

There is a lot of things in this tragic event that didn’t make sense, A few things just don’t add up.
I’m not the only one that feels that way

http://shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/urgent-update-on-connecticut-shooting/

anlDhunter, excellent comment!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, many of you are already victims of the anti-gun crowd, when you call AR style guns "assault weapons", and when you refer to magazines as "clips". Is it asking too much for us to use the proper terminology and avoid the popular vernacular? The antis love to see the gun owners and hunters disparage each other and our representative organizations, since that adds fuel to their propaganda machine.

I would like to know one thing. Those of you who are so adamantly opposed to the NRA, do you even belong to organizations such as The Second Amendment Foundation, or Gun Owners of America; or do you believe that those also are only there to lobby for the gun manufacturers? Are there any pro-gun lobby groups that you folks do support??????? As a gun owner living on a very limited income, I happily contribute to those organizations that represent me............a gun owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've often wondered if those gunowners who didn't belong to any pro-gun group including the NRA were just too cheap to join and looking for insignificant excuses to use?.
In my case you are not only wrong, you aren't even close.

The NRA is the biggest and most powerful pro-gun PAC--period. They undeniably pack the most clout and have the most influence in Congress. I live in Idaho and can call my congressmen and senators and they are conservative and pro-gun as is most of this state. If I lived in a state such as CA or across the border in WA a call to my senator about my gun rights would fall on deaf ears I might as well be talking to Mr. Potato Head. In this instance organizations such as the NRA are your voice..
The NRA is doing more to damage hunting than the anti hunting groups, supporting candidates who are bad for habitat. Without hunters there would be no political support for guns. In the end, politicians respond to hunters' votes, and the NRA is hurting hunting.

The antis just love this kind of fighting amongst us, it ultimately serves their end.
If infighting is a threat then the NRA needs to change, not the citizens with common sense. The NRA needs to understand that just because there is a weapon out there doesn't mean any fool can go into the store and buy it. Yeah, guns don't kill people, people do, but when "people"can buy a 100 round clip they can kill far too many people. There is no legitimate need for easy access to such stuff. Zumbo called them out on this and we know what happened. The NRA are bullies with an extreme agenda that hurts hunting. That has been proven again and again. I've been shooting for nearly 40 years and there is no way I'm even associating with them.

I don't buy into the notion that discussion and disagreement among gun owners is the end of the world as we know it. If anything, it is helpful.

Some here are stating that every gun owners needs to join the NRA, no matter what. Implying that if you are a gun owner, you must be a member. Or something similar to that. I can understand that if you live in an area where NRA policies/politicians have not negatively impacted your landscapes and the hunting that happens there.

Others who are not members, for the reasons cited, are saying that they have been down this road before. We had an assault weapons ban for ten years and it did nothing to impact their rights to own their guns. But for ten years, the NRA has supported the politicians who have directed agency policies that has impacted, very negatively, wildlife in the west to a degree unseen in their lives.

To those who live out west and see what has happened to the landscape, the question is probably phrased more like this - Why would I join the NRA, if the policies and politicians they support, have made it possible for my favorite hunting places to be ruined? Just because they tell me another crisis is coming, a crisis I have previously lived with for ten years? Does the NRA not know that it is not them and their ideas that makes my politicians listen to me on guns, rather that fact that I live in a state where everyone owns guns and if a politicians had any strange ideas about guns, they would be unelected immediately?

Point being, the NRA cannot treat western hunters as some after-thought, supporting the worst of the worst politicians, and then expect everyone is going to send them tons of money, along with a Thank You note for being a part in dismantling the best wildlife habitat in the west. It just doesn't work that way.

For people who live in areas not impacted by the wildlife and land use policies/politicians supported by the NRA, I can see why the incredulous feelings when gun owners don't belong to the NRA. If you live in a place where in your daily life you see no negative impacts of the policies/politicians that the NRA supports, then you will see no reasons to be at odds with the NRA.

Watching the NRA operate and put their nose into western hunting politics, the number of western hunters who are not member of the NRA does not surprise me. And, I don't hold it against those people who are not members. They see it in their daily lives and in their hunting, places where NRA supported policy/politicians have messed up their hunting.

If the NRA would just keep their focus on gun rights and stay out of all the other non-gun BS they like to dabble in, they would probably have a lot more members and they would probably be much more effective.

To me, this is a valuable discussion in the long-term. I would not want people to just blindly follow a group who has had a hand in helping set policies that have impacted western hunting, if doing so is against their priorities. Having discussion to find what/why people have different feelings on the same topic, is worthwhile.

I am sure everyone on this site, no matter if they are an NRA member, or not, all feel that we need to do more to protect our children and do so in a way that respects our 2nd Amendment rights.

There is a lot of things in this tragic event that didn’t make sense, A few things just don’t add up.
I’m not the only one that feels that way

http://shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/urgent-update-on-connecticut-shooting/

Bird Dog - Are you saying you actually believe this person and the things she wrote? Your post makes it sound that way.

A couple of her conclusions.

Friends. I believe there is evidence of more than one shooter. I believe this was a PLANNED event- specifically to get the UN Small Arms Treaty signed. The father of the shooter is Peter Lanza, rumored to be scheduled to testify on the international LIBOR scandal.

I believe our GOVERNMENT shot those kids and teachers and used Adam Lanza and his family to pull it off. They might have killed two birds with one stone. One: If these men are involved in the LIBOR scandal, they can manipulate their testimony. Two: they get gun control. How very, very clever and efficient of them, right?

BirdDog, I guess you agree with link you posted. :eek:

I believe our GOVERNMENT shot those kids and teachers and used Adam Lanza and his family to pull it off.

I agree, there are some dangerous people with guns out there.:eek:

miller, I'm not sure what to believe. I didn't make it past the first few links on that page. There is some pretty nerving and scarey thaughts of what is possible. I've decided to walk away from that and not let it bring me down, although I continue to pray for those families.

No, he was ACTUALLY foaming. Check out replay video on YouTube.

Bizarre. Not sure if he is just old and losing control of his body functions, or something else.

I saw it this morning.

Not only was his mouth foaming, he was sticking his foot further in it.

First, he blamed law enforcement for not enforcing current gun laws. Then, later used law enforcement as a source for mental health as the problem for mass murders. He also suggests using the same law enforcement to protect every school in America.

Which one is it Wayne, is law enforcement incapable of enforcing current laws or are they the answer to our current gun violence?

Last edited:
The NRA is doing more to damage hunting than the anti hunting groups, supporting candidates who are bad for habitat. Without hunters there would be no political support for guns. In the end, politicians respond to hunters' votes, and the NRA is hurting hunting.

The number of people in the US that identify themselves as hunters in the US according to the USFWS in 2006 was 5% of the population---and that number appears to be going down over time. Almost 50% of the US households have a gun with most owners saying they have one for personal protection, recreational shooting, or hunting. Saying that without hunter there would be no political support for guns is wrong and discounts the reasons of a majority of gunowners in the US.

If infighting is a threat then the NRA needs to change, not the citizens with common sense. The NRA needs to understand that just because there is a weapon out there doesn't mean any fool can go into the store and buy it. Yeah, guns don't kill people, people do, but when "people"can buy a 100 round clip they can kill far too many people. There is no legitimate need for easy access to such stuff. Zumbo called them out on this and we know what happened. The NRA are bullies with an extreme agenda that hurts hunting. That has been proven again and again. I've been shooting for nearly 40 years and there is no way I'm even associating with them.

The NRA probably won't change on your account or mine. I've stated that I don't believe that the NRA should be involved in hunter issues and should stick to gun ownership and use issues. Also, I don't own any 100 rd. magazines(clips) and don't intend to buy one. What gets lost in this arguement is the fact that given there are probably several tens of millions of these guns in the US and that only a very small percentage are ever tragically used in a crime. When the AWB expired in 2004 part of the reason it went away was a lack of political will and partly because after 10 years it was shown to have had no impact on crime. The last stats I read said that AR type rifle were only involved in about 2% of the crime commited with guns. They get a tremendous amount of media coverage though.

I like Jim Zumbo and have enjoyed watching him and reading his stuff for years. He paid a high price for his comments on his blog, but has since according to him, changed his veiwpoint on this issue.

What kind of restrictions do you think would be effective in keeping these weapons out of the hands of criminals and mentally deranged killers?

AnIDhunter

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't buy into the notion that discussion and disagreement among gun owners is the end of the world as we know it. If anything, it is helpful.

Some here are stating that every gun owners needs to join the NRA, no matter what. Implying that if you are a gun owner, you must be a member. Or something similar to that. I can understand that if you live in an area where NRA policies/politicians have not negatively impacted your landscapes and the hunting that happens there.

Others who are not members, for the reasons cited, are saying that they have been down this road before. We had an assault weapons ban for ten years and it did nothing to impact their rights to own their guns. But for ten years, the NRA has supported the politicians who have directed agency policies that has impacted, very negatively, wildlife in the west to a degree unseen in their lives.

To those who live out west and see what has happened to the landscape, the question is probably phrased more like this - Why would I join the NRA, if the policies and politicians they support, have made it possible for my favorite hunting places to be ruined? Just because they tell me another crisis is coming, a crisis I have previously lived with for ten years? Does the NRA not know that it is not them and their ideas that makes my politicians listen to me on guns, rather that fact that I live in a state where everyone owns guns and if a politicians had any strange ideas about guns, they would be unelected immediately?

Point being, the NRA cannot treat western hunters as some after-thought, supporting the worst of the worst politicians, and then expect everyone is going to send them tons of money, along with a Thank You note for being a part in dismantling the best wildlife habitat in the west. It just doesn't work that way.

For people who live in areas not impacted by the wildlife and land use policies/politicians supported by the NRA, I can see why the incredulous feelings when gun owners don't belong to the NRA. If you live in a place where in your daily life you see no negative impacts of the policies/politicians that the NRA supports, then you will see no reasons to be at odds with the NRA.

Watching the NRA operate and put their nose into western hunting politics, the number of western hunters who are not member of the NRA does not surprise me. And, I don't hold it against those people who are not members. They see it in their daily lives and in their hunting, places where NRA supported policy/politicians have messed up their hunting.

If the NRA would just keep their focus on gun rights and stay out of all the other non-gun BS they like to dabble in, they would probably have a lot more members and they would probably be much more effective.

To me, this is a valuable discussion in the long-term. I would not want people to just blindly follow a group who has had a hand in helping set policies that have impacted western hunting, if doing so is against their priorities. Having discussion to find what/why people have different feelings on the same topic, is worthwhile.

I am sure everyone on this site, no matter if they are an NRA member, or not, all feel that we need to do more to protect our children and do so in a way that respects our 2nd Amendment rights.

Big Fin, I really appreciate the comments you make in your forum and on your show. Your a positive thinker and one who will not put down another because of their thoughts or write something hateful or stupid (unlike others on this site). Although I like the predator's responses to the fluffy white pimp man.

I see why hunters here in the west struggle with the NRA thanks to your comment. I've lived in the west my entire life except for a time in Bermuda, NY, and So. cal. I'm sure there are other places in the world that are special to some but the west is where I love to be. The NRA and politicians they support need a good ass kickin if they mess with it!

Ditto that lbirch!!! Living here in Michigan I had no idea stuff that BigFin mentioned was happening out west regarding the NRA meddling in things affecting habitat, etc. I can now see why so many on the site living out west are making the comments they are.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleyhunter456
Back