Caribou Gear Tarp

Non-resident outfitter license (MT) Bill is up for hearing 2/2/2021 (SB 143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do drug tests on welfare recipients? Has it changed since last attempt?

All Democrats voted against HB200 in '15 or '16
The bill was killed, though you would know more about this than most here.

We do drug tests on welfare recipients? Has it changed since last attempt?

All Democrats voted against HB200 in '15 or '16
The bill was killed, though you would know more about this than most here.

I'm just offering some solutions here so we don't have guyys driving brand new Tundras while sucking off the gov't tit. Better make sure they can't buy steak & whiskey too. Because, you know, they're poor outfitters who need the gov't to give them clients.

Ben, we have a solid hold'em hand... no bluffing needed. ;)

They suck the hind teet when it fits their agenda... no doubt.

"The year is 2032. The People's Republic of Montana's Ministry of Outfitting provides taxpayer-funded hunting guide services to all Montanans. There are no more elk, though mule deer hunting remains a popular endeavor. The 700s are Montanan's most treasured units, as it's estimated that over thirty bucks live there. One comrade reported rumors of a 3x3 in the area, though Kremlin Gianforte denies the possibility that such a genetic freak can exist north of the Wyoming state line.

Coyote and crow populations continue to soar and offer our youth a fun and nutritious opportunity to experience the great outdoors."

I didn't vote for Jersey G however, best thing I've seen to hit this covid deal is to put people back to work and the point the D's don't want to share... the "incentive" handouts are still present as an addition to their actual earned income after 4 weeks working vs couch potato handouts by Biden...

As for the outfitters, agree 100%. What a joke. The same R's (Jersey G, et al) that come up with a quality solution to get our workforce going are the same numb-nuts mandating socialized handouts to a select private business.

Messed up R's and D's.
Oh yeah, we have to get those lazy workers, who are drawing unemployment, which is an INSURANCE policy paid as part of their benefits package, and not welfare, back to work.

You know, back to work for those employers who took the PPP money/bailout that was given to them with no strings attached, which they didn't pay for from the start and was not part of their benefit packages.

Speaking of which, I wonder how many outfitters received PPP money?

Oh yeah, we have to get those lazy workers, who are drawing unemployment, which is an INSURANCE policy paid as part of their benefits package, and not welfare, back to work.

You know, back to work for those employers who took the PPP money/bailout that was given to them with no strings attached, which they didn't pay for from the start and was not part of their benefit packages.

Speaking of which, I wonder how many outfitters received PPP money?
Outfitters will receive their PPP every year now

Last I checked... these bumps in, as you pretend, unemployment, "insurance" policy... paid as part of their "benefits" is a direct "Stimulus" 2 trillion dollar, sit on your stimulating lazy ass instead of work... ;)

The G swapped that fed $ you, work and we'll give you the stimulating $ after 4 weeks... not milk the teet from your couch

Have you ever been out of work? Have you ever faced a real financial worry?
Out of work for no fault of his own, the unemployed fella who had been long employed at $24 per hour now is faced with the mandate from Gazillionaire Gov GG to work for $15 per hour or go bust.

Name four fellas "milking the teet from the couch". Name three. Well, how about two. That's what I thought ... buy-in to just another myth.

'

Out of work for no fault of his own, the unemployed fella who had been long employed at $24 per hour now is faced with the mandate from Gazillionaire Gov GG to work for $15 per hour or go bust.

Name four fellas "milking the teet from the couch". Name three. Well, how about two. That's what I thought ... buy-in to just another myth.

'
I can’t name four fellas, but I can name 3 females off the top of my head. Does that count?
I’ve been trying to hire someone for 6 weeks and can’t seem to find anyone worth a shit. I’ve interviewed 3 so far and they weren’t worth half of what I’m willing to pay. If someone has no skillset, and no ambition then they probably aren’t worth $15 an hour.

There is plenty of work out there for someone that has a little drive....

Looking forward at what we have right now. I have started the conversation/movement that we(outfitters) need to sit down with the haters/detractors and see if there isn’t a compromise both sides can live with. I realize this will be a huge ask, for both sides, as we don’t trust your team anymore than you trust us.
If both sides don’t compromise and come up with a viable solution we can both spend 100’s of thousands of dollars fighting it out. Personally I’d vote to see that money spent on something worthwhile, like research/access/habitat enhancement. Far better than making lawyers and media men rich.
I think nerves are still a little raw, but I agree that compromise will get us all a lot farther than fighting amongst ourselves. Outfitters have to understand that they are never going to be able to get "guaranteed" tags for clients and running a business has to involve accepting some risk. The point system doesn't allow a NR to get a guaranteed tag every year (unless they can really work the system) because NR demand is higher than supply. Overall this is good news for the business of outfitting. HT'ers need to get over the hurt feels from 2021 understand that practically every other state gives outfitters a benefit. We need better habitat and improved landowner willingness to provide safe harbor to wildlife. I think there is a lot of room for compromise, just need the willingness to do it.

SA... Yes, and yes. Left home @ 15. I got a job. Improved upon that job with trade skills. I was laid off once. Tough gig though crap happens. Heard of day labor via job service? It's humbling however puts food on the table.
People have learned to depend on govt handouts far too much!
i.e. MOGA wants a piece of that pie... Guarantee my work. Guarantee me clients... b.s.

Our local McDonald's closed early because the unemployment "perks" beat a job that pays $14hr.

My wife has bank opening listed... No applicants.

While I'm not a fan of G... I think he hit this nail square on the head. Typical unemployment insurance is still there though you want that stimulus bump granted to states? Well, in MT, get back to work and presto... one month later a nice bonus awaits.

I can’t name four fellas, but I can name 3 females off the top of my head. Does that count?
I’ve been trying to hire someone for 6 weeks and can’t seem to find anyone worth a shit. I’ve interviewed 3 so far and they weren’t worth half of what I’m willing to pay. If someone has no skillset, and no ambition then they probably aren’t worth $15 an hour.

There is plenty of work out there for someone that has a little drive....
Give me the ability to find quality employees and pay them what they're worth...I'll fill your open positions with a line out the door.

The reason you can't find quality help is you're paying peasant wages...

Give me the ability to find quality employees and pay them what they're worth...I'll fill your open positions with a line out the door.

The reason you can't find quality help is you're paying peasant wages...
I’m paying $28 an hour...that’s well better than average for whitehall Montana. Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back