MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Non-resident outfitter license (MT) Bill is up for hearing 2/2/2021 (SB 143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the first few lines, total load of crap.

I just wonder how it is that outfitters in Wyoming, Arizona and other states that don't have general NR tags and are almost exclusively LQ run a viable business?

I think Montana outfitters are just plain lazy and put ZERO effort into finding clients.

Maybe Gianforte should use the same philosophy with outfitters as he is for those on unemployment...take away the extra handouts to outfitters and force them back to actually working.

I've never seen a more entitled, lazy, and thoughtless bunch that want to put in as little effort as they can to prop up their business...eve
lazy and entitled, adjectives folks who know me commonly use.

About what I expected.
Im not asking anyone to move there. I’m asking people to make fair money in a small town that is still fairly affordable and show up to work. I’ve had plenty of applicants but only three made it to interview process.

The job includes several of the things that you list as expenses.

Your simple math explains to me why you work for the government and don’t own a business...
$28 an hour is an unreal wage.
the end

Maybe I should tell that guy on the corner holding the cardboard sign asking for “anything helps” at the stop sign by Target with the “now hiring starting @$15” banner out front...

Of all the people I met while undercover panhandling, the most surprising takeaway was the takeaway itself.

I made more than $80 in just two hours. Again, the money is being donated to the homeless coalition.

“So $40 an hour, yeah,” Bartos said. “I’ve heard people can make up to $400 in a day.”

“What’s the motivation for someone to get a real job if they’re pulling in a few hundred bucks a day doing it?” I asked.

“Right. I guess there isn’t,” Bartos replied

Make all the excuses you want...I'm not the one crying about not finding quality help. Pay what quality employees are worth, you'll fill every position.

If you think wages have kept up with the cost of living, price of goods and services, housing, vehicles, etc....well, you haven't been paying attention.

As to the pride comment...how much pride does a business have that pays minimum wage? Or in the case of some service industries, less than minimum wage because their employees get tips? How much pride must a business like Amazon have paying $15/hour when the CEO buys a 500 million dollar yacht without a helipad, so has another yacht loaded into that one that can be launched with a helipad? How much "pride" does it take for Walmart to think they're going on all out paying $13/hour?

Not sure how there's any sense of pride in any of that...

Heaven forbid if these lazy unemployed people have a bargaining chip to maybe expect better pay by refusing a crummy job with poor wages.
Have you ever had an employee, let alone several employees?

There should be no minimum wage. Minimum wage should be what ever pay I am willing to work for. If it is $1 and hour or $250 and hour. The Gov't is busy paying people to stay home and not work, crushing small business.

Nobody is also required to use her to accomplish the task either
Nobody is required to use my services either. Do you think someone is holding a gun to a NR's head telling them, "you must hunt with an outfitter"?

Nobody is required to use my services either. Do you think someone is holding a gun to a NR's head telling them, "you must hunt with an outfitter"?
Having a license is just like having a couch on a showroom floor. The customer must first wish to buy the couch. If nobody shows up wanting the couch it is not sold, just like the license, when nobody wishes to use my services the week stays open, and license sits on showroom floor. Only the state will still sell any and all license an outfitter can't.

It would only take 2 hours work to buy a sheet of 1/2 in. OSB. That would be living large.
Haha! A friend and I were considering a large storage facility to store and distribute osb, etc. Enough hurricanes, etc... more predictable than the stock market. 😅

The Gov't is busy paying people to stay home and not work, crushing small business.

And they are guaranteeing a certain population tags while crushing DIY hunters. So you sure you want to stick with that argument? Your circle is getting crowded with ideas here.

I think one of the main things I have learned from this thread is that when you have generation after generation of a large portion of the AG community propped up and sustained by government subsidy, it becomes entrenched in their way of thinking. It leaks out as the status quo and infects every other for profit endeavor they are a part of. Outfitting is largely an AG driven and supported business venture. Its as expected as the sun rising and setting that government should and must subsidize outfitting for these folks, because that is just how it is in their world. Always has been...always will be. To them, arguing the point that guaranteed outfitter tags are just a government handout and the resource is limited, just sounds plain stupid. Subsidy is in their blood, its part and parcel of their existence. You have as much chance of convincing subsidized AG operations to stop taking Gov money as you do convincing outfitters guaranteed tags are not subsidy. Folks who live in the bubble of government subsidy don't see it as subsidy, to them its the government acting responsibility on their behalf. And that fact lies at the heart of this debate. My guess is that neither side will ever concede to the other based on science or economics, its the fundamental difference in the way these two communities view the role of government that keeps them apart and will keep them apart. Your going to have to essentially change the way an entire community views the role of government to move the needle in any meaningful way. Baring that, your going to have to use the hammer of political change every election cycle to beat the hell out of each other...good luck with that MT.

"Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

And they are guaranteeing a certain population tags while crushing DIY hunters. So you sure you want to stick with that argument? Your circle is getting crowded with ideas here.
Nobody is forcing the NR to go with an outfitter or buy license. It is a conscious choice the individual is making.

@Eric Albus, the issue here is that “draw” you whine about IS FOR A PUBLIC RESOURCE!!! Your clients should have no more rights to that public resource than a NR DIY hunter. Period, end of story. It’s that simple. All the spin you do to avoid this point is just a feeble attempt to defend the indefensible.
This is the only salient point anyone can make.

The only argument is for the money brought into Montana for guided vs. unguided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back