Non-resident outfitter license (MT) Bill is up for hearing 2/2/2021 (SB 143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copy & Paste from the letter to our Gov:

That, vs. the governor being personal friends with a past president of MOGA. I can tell you with 110% certainty how this will end up.

Curious, who's the past MOGA president you're talking about?

Should be a lot less crowded in some public land areas when outfitted clients hold a majority of NR tags . DIY hunter numbers will be way way way down which will be good for Montana residents that hunt those public areas like SE Montana
Next year. Then again Eastern Montana is the land of next year.

All I know is I'm coming East this weekend to hunt turkeys and it is calling for rain...might not get to my destination.
There are no turkeys left in Eastern Mt., and no places to hunt them. According to the opposition we’ve now leased everything and closed off all BLM and state lands too.

There are no turkeys left in Eastern Mt., and no places to hunt them. According to the opposition we’ve now leased everything and closed off all BLM and state lands too.
Not sure where your looking, but I've never struggled to find them in eastern Montana and they seemed be doing well. A buddy of mine took one this spring not too far from you.

Next year. Then again Eastern Montana is the land of next year.
Not sure how it is in your areas but the number of resident hunters far out numbers the amount of non resident hunters in my area and it’s not local residents. If people want to see their public lands being less crowded then they need to get fwp on board with addressing the over the counter general tag and the growing resident population

I've averaged two birds a year going East to hunt Montana/ South Dakota every spring for the last 26 years.
Take my chances. Thanks for the concern though.
Please come. Don't bring any rain gear or better yet drive way off the beaten path. We could use a good rain.
Seriously though good luck and I have actually seen a few more birds this year.

Please come. Don't bring any rain gear or better yet drive way off the beaten path. We could use a good rain.
Seriously though good luck and I have actually seen a few more birds this year.
Seriously...it looks like I'm pushing rain your direction. No matter to me, more important that Montana gets a good soaking. Ground was cracking here in 3Forks.
Should be able to shake something up but looking like I fish the big lake for a couple days till things firm up.

Not sure how it is in your areas but the number of resident hunters far out numbers the amount of non resident hunters in my area and it’s not local residents. If people want to see their public lands being less crowded then they need to get fwp on board with addressing the over the counter general tag and the growing resident population
Agreed. R and NR pressure needs addressed
Thanks for the heads up! :)
i was being sarcastic about the bird numbers There are decent numbers, but do not tell anyone else

“The concept of a special interest tag was wildly unpopular and that was illustrated with (SB) 143,” said Nick Gevock with the Montana Wildlife Federation. “So what did they do? They rammed a bill through in a matter of hours with zero public input. The trust is gone.”
With increasing applications for nonresident tags, Gevock believes Montana outfitters should focus on growing their client pools for the draws rather than trying to change the system. Having more clients in the draw would mean a better chance for full bookings rather than relying on relying on repeat clients that won’t draw every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back