Non-Obvious stuff

Never come out west without insect repellent too. You would never believe how many skeeters there can be out on the wide open plains that look like nothing more than desert! If it's a decent moisture year they will drive you insane. We're burning up and dry as a bone on the W. side of Montana this summer, so I don't really know what the moisture conditions are east of us. It might not be an issue this year, but I guarantee I'll have a bottle or two of DEET in my rig when we head for the breaks to fill those bull tags in October.

Forget TP, get wet wipes!! Walmart has some good unscented "flushable" wipes in a blue package that stay in my pack at all times. They are the best thing to happen to camping since fire. Once you use them, you'll wonder why you don't use them at home.

Man, all this Gold-bond, anti-monkey butt, diaper ointment etc is putting some of your man cards on the line. :)

I hope you at least follow up an application of said product with a quick swig of whiskey.

It's pretty hard to be macho and manly when you're walking around scratching your arse every 10 minutes.

Extra pair of boots laces.

Don't think anybody has mentioned that one yet.

Ambient if sleeping on the ground. There's nothing like it if you haven't tried.

Although you might sleep right through that grizz sniffing around your tent. According to my girlfriend, I slept right through a wicked thunder storm last summer in GNP. I woke up and said, "The ground is wet, we must have got some rain last night."

.280, I had to use that stuff years ago when life was too stressful, didn't sleep for days and days. It worked but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless really desperate for sleep. I got to the point of needing it to get to sleep, and if I took it anywhere other than at the edge of bed I would pile up where I stood in less than 10 minutes. Pretty embarrassing. It will knock you out, just better not need to be up for a good while.

Man, all this Gold-bond, anti-monkey butt, diaper ointment etc is putting some of your man cards on the line. :)

I hope you at least follow up an application of said product with a quick swig of whiskey.

Funny.... yeah I was a little hesitant to admit it but after many miles of hiking and no shower the anti monkey butt is like little ball bearings of relief.

and yes.... 1792 Ridgemont Reserve isn't far behind.

Ok. Useful stuff, so far......or at least that I've not considered.

~ Anti-A$$ itch powder (applied anywhere & everywhere, used as wind indicator, bug repellent, trail marker, make shift smoke signal, etc)
~ Cactus proof work gloves (via PM), cactus proof boots, cactus proof britches, cactus proof g-string, cactus proof sunglasses.
~ $$ bills. I truly was going to make this my hunt of too many years dreamed, for my 60th BD.....so Yeah, why not !
~ Pepto, for the Pizza Barn & PBR's.
~ Moleskin, or Duct Tape, or electric tape, or masking tape, or 8-track tape
~ Flip-Flops, and YES, I will, I swear...In a Hawaiian Shirt

Keep 'em coming. I may look like Elmer Fudd, but I'll damn sure be good to go !

Let me know where to get the cactus proof g string. I assume they come in his and hers styles......for those special times stalking pronghorns together on the prairie.

Being a former East Coaster myself, I won't jump all over the opportunity that you left yourself wide open for :D

Lmao, thanks for the reprieve. But remember I'm from western VA so that has to count for something.

Here's one for you gunner, shooting sticks or bipods. I prefer shooting sticks because I can carry on my waist belt for my pack. Also the are easier to adjust for sitting. If I can lay out probe I can use my backpack if needed. You've probably already planned for this but just in case.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back