Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Non-Obvious stuff

John, you can take the guy out of the east but can you take the east out of the guy? Where were you from? I picture one of the two extremes, either jersey/philly or South Carolina/Georgia. Am I close?

Upstate NY near Rochester, but lived in Philly for 5 years :D You've gotta hear this bastard accent I have from living all over the country and being around so many people in the military

Last edited:
extra battteries - for everything that uses them. extra headlamp-had them not work.
zip ties. two diff kinds of tape. elec and athletic. brace or wrap in case i twist something.
small first aid kit with extra band aids fro blsiters/cuts. advil for the sore joints, aspirin for swelling. benadryl for allergies and doubles as sleep aid. chap stick.
two zip locks, one full of paper towl which doubles as tp. One full of wet wipes.
latex gloves. Water prrof matches, fire starter. large trash bags.
Small one once bottles of JD.

Tradewind is right about the wipes. It makes taking the pronhorn smell off your hands a little easier. You'll know what I mean after you get one. Your lunch enjoyment may depend on it.

I never leave without a towstrap and also a battery boosterpack/converter/air compressor. Nothing worse then walking up to the truck with a dead battery.

Here's a question I've learned to ask, from hard experience on the road for 15 yrs. What are WY liquor laws? Sunday sales? Should I just plan on bringing my own?

Ok, trip to Home Depot & Wally Mart. Found some hard shell knee pads w/gel padding (sweet), 3pair of various thickness leather gloves, disposable vinyl gloves, tweezers, lip balm, eye drops, sports tape, GOLD BOND, mole skin, wet wipes, and a major supply of bat-trees.

I really need to lay all my crap out and take a better inventory. Two big plastic bins are getting pretty full already.

Ok, trip to Home Depot & Wally Mart. Found some hard shell knee pads w/gel padding (sweet), 3pair of various thickness leather gloves, disposable vinyl gloves, tweezers, lip balm, eye drops, sports tape, GOLD BOND, mole skin, wet wipes, and a major supply of bat-trees.

I really need to lay all my crap out and take a better inventory. Two big plastic bins are getting pretty full already.

No flip flops? :confused:

As you lay out the piles of junk you may never need, remember there are Walmarts out west too. ;)

You'll only need one pair of leather gloves if you treat them with beeswax. Makes them almost too tough and nearly waterproof. I get the wax at craft stores in the candle section. Warm the wax with a blow dryer or heat gun and work it into the leather. Once treated, start wearing them as much as possible as they'll be stiff. I've had two pairs last me almost a decade.

Here's a question I've learned to ask, from hard experience on the road for 15 yrs. What are WY liquor laws? Sunday sales? Should I just plan on bringing my own?

Pretty sure you can buy it any day and there's usually a drive up window. I usually bring my own beer with me. I recall a 30 pack of Busch Light at the gas station in Newcastle being like $23 dollars, so about $22 overpriced. My buddies buy it here for $12-13 per 30 pack, so roughly $11 overpriced.

I'll also agree with baby wipes, economy sized.

Nope, Jwill, NO W'Marts where I'm going.....already checked. That's why I'm buying here & draggin' a ton of 'Non-Obvious' with me.

John, already have a 1st class Marine Corps issue pair of Flops. (Flops, Kelvar, Hi-tech, Lo-drag, olive drag, individual, 1 pair)

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't read through all the posts, so this might have been mentioned, but I always bring a small container of super glue with me. You never know what might need a quick patch and it is also great for smaller cuts and scrapes. Don't forget moleskin, also, for blisters and silencing gear

Nope, Jwill, NO W'Marts where I'm going.....already checked. That's why I'm buying here & draggin' a ton of 'Non-Obvious' with me.

John, already have a 1st class Marine Corps issue pair of Flops. (Flops, Kelvar, Hi-tech, Lo-drag, olive drag, individual, 1 pair)

If they are Marine issue, then you're going to have to ask an ARMY soldier how to use them and I won't be there to help :hump: Oh, and don't forget the Macanudos :D

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back