Non-Obvious stuff

I take my Spot GPS if I'm gonna be in legit wilderness. Bear spray (at the ready at all times, like on your hip, in addition to your guns. This is your constant first resort. Know how to use it quickly). And antibiotics.

(Our strip clubs aren't exactly user-friendly out west ;) )

Last edited:
-Anti Monkey Butt (good stuff)

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

- Imodium AD

- Ear plugs are a must according to all my friends.... hmmm? :D

- I like to have rubber gloves in my daypack for Quartering/ deboning and fishing for liver and heart and a couple of gallon zip locks to put them in.

Man, all this Gold-bond, anti-monkey butt, diaper ointment etc is putting some of your man cards on the line. :)

I hope you at least follow up an application of said product with a quick swig of whiskey.

Eye patch to sleep. Can be bright on moonlit night. Hiking sticks. Advil PM to help sleep on a cot in a tent with people snoring. I never seem to get comfortable with the altitude or cot or snoring the first night. I take a pillow from home unless an ultralight pack in camp.

Water bottle so do not dehydrate...if are not taking a whiz every 30 minutes or so during the day then need to drink more water. Big can of nuts for lots of calories between meals. Small Ziplocs for those nuts to take on that day's hike. Kindle for book reading. iPod for tunes as wind down at night or are in one spot for hours. Journal and pen to take notes.

sunglasses, shoe goo, deet, multi-tool, large ziplock full of smaller ziplocks (each with spices you like), go pro, small notebook for daily notes, picture of your family.

electricians tape,wind checker,chap stuff for lips or they will be split and bleeding were I live.Carmex in the truck.

the one thing that I always seem to forget.... A hunting partner that has a clue!!!

some for truck some for pack: Leukotape Sportstape (amazin foot tape!), chap stick, spare gas can, water jugs, handwarmers, laundry soap on longer hunts, 1 disposable razor (sounds funny but foot hair before taping and clean neck where it meets shirt) axe/shovel, properly inflated spare tires (multiple if antelope hunting), beer, anti-chaff stick, ball powder, papertowels, tarp, scent free soap, walking stick/trek poles, ziplocs, trash bags, PR cord, maps, electronics and way to charge them fast, pillow, muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory pills(naproxen my favorite), beer (i know i already listed it but its really important) your bosses phone number to call him and tell him your taking a extra week off....

C

Napkins to wipe the slobber if you eat at the Pizza Ranch in New Castle. You'll understand why when you see all the mounts on the wall. If you go south to Lusk bring a change of clothes for the Pub or the Silver Dollar because of the smoke. Great burgers at the Pub.

Can't speak about the local talent, so I don't know if ones or fives or needed. Pm Cushman for further info. High end gentlemens clubs are usually b.y.o.b. so keep that in mind. Lmao!

Napkins to wipe the slobber if you eat at the Pizza Ranch in New Castle. You'll understand why when you see all the mounts on the wall. If you go south to Lusk bring a change of clothes for the Pub or the Silver Dollar because of the smoke. Great burgers at the Pub.

Can't speak about the local talent, so I don't know if ones or fives or needed. Pm Cushman for further info. High end gentlemens clubs are usually b.y.o.b. so keep that in mind. Lmao!

The Pizza Barn is an experience all to itself...but one that must be experienced. Get the prime rib...you're welcome :D There's another place in Newcastle that was just named as a small diner by field and stream or something like that that is a must try, but I don't remember the name of it...but, shouldn't be too hard to find with the size of the town...lol When I was up there a couple of years ago there was no wal mart, but there was a large local department store called Pamida ( I may have spelled that wrong). That may have changed in the last couple of years though.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back