New species?

That coyote is a Montana wolf.

I thought that was a wolf. Nice animal! I know our game commission here in PA has a display of a hybrid coyote/wolf that they have at most of the sportsmans shows. It was DNA tested and verified. It is a really big coyote, but nowhere near as big as that wolf. I forget what weight they had it listed as.

PBS must be broadcasting their propaganda again.

I don't know if wolves and coyotes interbreed, but there are a few things I know about wolves and coyotes. They've lived in close proximity to each other for thousands of years with out interbreeding but supposedly NOW they are going at it fast and furious. I know I've killed big coyotes in Illinois that weighed over 50lbs (actually weighed on a scale) and they were just coyotes. I also know that no one has ever seen coyotes and wolves actually breeding with each other in the wild.

I also know something about "scientists". Some researchers aren't above bending or muddying up the facts to get grant money and fame.

So I guess I'm in the skeptical group.

PBS must be broadcasting their propaganda again.

I also know something about "scientists". Some researchers aren't above bending or muddying up the facts to get grant money and fame.

So I guess I'm in the skeptical group.

You're not alone, add me to that group.
They say that figures don't lie...........but liars sure can figure !

Great post HW!
They have been reported here. Not uncommon.
That and the fact that the released Mexican Gray wolves in NM are some sort of hybred.....and we have big coyotes.....we get big crosses.

I saw the same with red/grey fox crosses in CA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back