Caribou Gear Tarp

New here from Georgia

krawlin5

My name is Gentry and I recently came across this forum as a by product of watching Fresh Tracks on YouTube.
Im 45 yrs old and in fair shape for my age. After watching just about every episode Im really wanting to go elk hunting next year. Im trying to read up on every thing I can. I have a friend in Parker Colorado that is trying to hook me up with some old Jeepin buddies to get me started.Im going to try OTC for a cow first. Im hoping I can make all of this happen next year . Any pointers anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome!! Scan the forums here for old threads ...there is a ton of useful information. I would also suggest you use the "hunt planners" at CPW, find a location you are going to hunt and study all the maps and info you can find. Do it and best of luck.

Hello from PA. I would echo what SFC B said about contacting the hunter planners at CPW they are great to work with. Also once you find an area I like to use Google earth. It is a great way to look at an area and get the lay of the land.

Ditto the advise you've already gotten. Make a gear list of what you need or need to upgrade. Some of the important ones are boots, binos, baselayers, and maybe a rangefinder. Search the forums and do some reasearch then ask questions.

What part of Ga? I've got family in Athens and Cornelia. I've hunted and fished several places. Its a great state for sportsmen. Hunting the Cohutta wilderness is on my list of hunts to do.

Vaspeedgoat, I'm in the Augusta area scouted Cohutta once but haven't got to hunt it may try this season.

Vaspeedgoat, I'm in the Augusta area scouted Cohutta once but haven't got to hunt it may try this season.Thanks for all the info.

I'm from GA also. Good luck. If you plan to backpack in several miles you can't get in good enough shape. I guess everyone is different but I spent a year in the gym before my trip and it kicked my butt. I'm planning another trip west to motivate me to lose weight and get in shape again.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back