Need HELP!

Cammy

Like any guy I am sitting here trying to think of what to get my wife for Christmas. She gets and has whatever she wants whenever she wants but I need to come up with something. She isn't a big outdoors type but she will go fishing with me, she lets me go hunting and tolerates my "just one more toy for deer camp" shopping habits.

Any ideas?

Jewelry always works. Even if she has something, just the fact that you picked it out makes it special. Just don't let the ladies at the jewery store talk you into over spending. They are trained to prey upon unwitting guys who have no idea about jewery.

How long have you been married?
If you're like me and have been married for a few decades, look back to where you met, what were your joint interests back then, favorite song, etc. See if that triggers any ideas. I don't care to go to concerts, but my wife does, if I surprised her with a short trip to wherever Journey was in concert and tickets - she'd be thrilled. If we went back to the college town where we met, went to our old restaurants, etc. - she'd be thrilled. Those are the kind of things that would get me out of the doghouse, but I'm comfortable here, so she'll probably get another rifle or fishing pole (she doesn't fish or hunt).

vacuum cleaner
pots and pans
cleaning supplies
work out videos
a gym membership
anti wrinkle cream
hair dye to hide the grey
a calendar with your hunting seasons/trips already printed on it

The only limit is your imagination.

I dont buy my wife anything. I just take her on a weekend getaway instead. usually something within a couple hours driving distance. This year I am taking her on a winter train ride with a dining car through wisconsin.

vacuum cleaner
pots and pans
cleaning supplies
work out videos
a gym membership
anti wrinkle cream

Who's got the balls?

vacuum cleaner
pots and pans
cleaning supplies
work out videos
a gym membership
anti wrinkle cream

This list will ensure you have all the time in the world to hunt and fish whenever and wherever, that's for certain.

vacuum cleaner
pots and pans
cleaning supplies
work out videos
a gym membership
anti wrinkle cream

legalzoom.com

I second the votes for "doing something". Who needs more stuff? Spending time doing something, going somewhere, just getting out of the routine for a day or a weekend is always refreshing. Not sure what her interests are. Wine tasting? Sight-seeing? Some sort of concert or show? Hot springs weekend?

This list will ensure you have all the time in the world to hunt and fish whenever and wherever, that's for certain.

No shoot sherlock...............

Take her to a great getaway place,like Santa Fe for the holidays or some such,NOT DURING HUNTING SEASON, and you will reap rewards later.
It worked for years for me...the ex was even up there this year...but now here I am alone surrounded by real critters and nary a worthwhile woman within hundreds of miles.
Maybe you can't have your elk and eat it too.............or something.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I developed a financial plan and budget to allow my wife to retire five years prior to the year she had projected. The plan was wrapped and presented as a Christmas gift and the most appreciated ever.
(and she did retire as the gift had planned)

A retirement plan may not be appropriate for you now, but the point is, if you can develop a plan for something she would enjoy or really value and it includes your thoughtfulness and caring for her, it's guaranteed to be well received.

A weekend get away gets my vote.I did those years ago and would get horseback riding thru mountains included.Dinkshooters list will get you all the time in the world to hunt but remember it will be with only half the money you have now.And you may have to ask her if you can borrow your guns for the trip too.
Winter ski or tubing trip,a trip to the spa for her.I think jewelry just says I couldn't think of anything else and a bad choice

look back to where you met.
I met my wife in 1984....she was a nurse, and i was her patient...and no i am not going to tell you why i was in hospital!:eek:

But like the OP, i am struggling this year, jewelry is not an option, bought her a nice diamond ring this year.
I guess i need to pick up any hints she might/will drop into conversation.

Cheers

Richard

Jewelry is always a good bet. A Saturday at the spa (massage, facial, nails, pampering) is never frowned upon and always welcome.
Or you can live in the garage with Dinkshooter...

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back