Caribou Gear

My Father's Cruise...

Sounds like DeSantis is going to get the 49 Floridians from your dad's ship and leave everyone else.
This morning's update a plan has been worked out. Crossing my fingers dad is getting off the boat today. He's supposed to call as soon as he gets off.

Bighornram

as we discussed earlier, I am hoping and praying that your father gets home safely. At least he will be closer to home when they do disembark than he would have been in Seattle. I did not mention this before but I also hope he had an exterior suite with a veranda or at the very least an exterior room with a window, as the windows do slide open for fresh air and of course the view ( at least thru the canal ) An interior room would not be my first choice of places to be quarantined. Cuba would also work for me, as long as I need not need medical help of any kind.

Please keep us informed.

Hem

That was an ordeal . My very best to you and your family.

And your right, if you or a loved one ever takes a cruise in the future , take every bit of insurance offered.
Dont want to divert from the immediate situation with Bighorns Dad. But thank you.
My wife's father is home in Washington but only after a trial some ordeal. No fun being on life support on a cruise ship, transported to a Central American hospital and by the grace of God eventually made it home via a med evac. The staff in Costa Rica were great, very professional...however it's still a Central American country and a language barrier. My sister-in-law was the first to aid with the parents..an ICU nurse fortunately.
My wife is fluent in Spanish and took the second shift to negotiate all the logistics of getting her father back on US soil. Multiple levels of insurance people to deal with.
It was a monumental effort...
Reality check for all of us.
Amazing the dude made it alive.
But its history now.
Fingers crossed for all those struggling with cruise ships.

So he glad he made it off that ship...I watched them dock today and just sat there trying to imagine what it must've fealt like to be stuck there like that with everyone denying their absolute right to freedom. Brighter days await sooner or later.

All in all, it was handled pretty well. Good thing the Zaandam didn't have to travel through Venezuelan waters.

Back