My Father's Cruise...

Click bait article from doomberg on this ship.

Both boats passed through the Panama canal last night and are estimated 3 days from Florida. Florida is not in favor of letting them dock there. Dad stayed on the sick boat since he uses a cpap. (Just talked to him while typing this out. He's in good spirits. I told him if he comes out of this jam alive, I might end up killing him.) :)

Click bait article from doomberg on this ship.

Both boats passed through the Panama canal last night and are estimated 3 days from Florida. Florida is not in favor of letting them dock there. Dad stayed on the sick boat since he uses a cpap. (Just talked to him while typing this out. He's in good spirits. I told him if he comes out of this jam alive, I might end up killing him.) :)
I wish him good health and godspeed in returning to you for his beating. :D

That sucks.

Fwiw, my 67 mom with athsma and lung issues and 73 dad with diabetes are both not taking this serious either. I'm having trouble getting them to just stay home, let me get groceries or what not.

My mom is 81. I finally talked her into letting us get her groceries and supplies about a week ago.

I told my dad this morning that they should dump his dumb ass off in Cuba for couple months till this all settles down. He said he's never been to Cuba before, and that sounds like a good idea.

I told my dad this morning that they should dump his dumb ass off in Cuba for couple months till this all settles down. He said he's never been to Cuba before, and that sounds like a good idea.

Hope it all goes well for your dad. I could do Cuba for a while through all of this, especially with U.S. dollars to spend.

I hope everything goes well, but you might want to ask if he has his affairs in order... I know we just had to have that chat with my in-laws. Even if it's unnecessary planning is always better than not.

Some misinformation in this article. Final destination for this cruise has always been Ft Lauderdale, Florida. That's where my father was scheduled to get off, and he is a resident of Florida. The media doesn't need to make up some additional contrived drama to get more viewers.

My parents, in there mid 60's, not overly healthy but no serious underlying conditions took to a cruise from Florida to California basically the week everything started to really blow up. They ended up having to dock in San pedro, Ca as that was the only place that would let the boat dock. What I thought was interesting was there was no quarantine period or anything. They were let off the boat, taken to the Los Angeles airport and flown home. Where they were to self quarantine. It's been 2 weeks now and they are giving each other haircuts. Lol maybe things are worse than I thought

Damn, hoping for the best outcome for your dad.

Florida - we support the cruise industry as long as they bring in the money. Return the favor? naw

Some misinformation in this article. Final destination for this cruise has always been Ft Lauderdale, Florida. That's where my father was scheduled to get off, and he is a resident of Florida. The media doesn't need to make up some additional contrived drama to get more viewers.
Who is in charge of the Coast Guard?

Bighornram

as we discussed earlier, I am hoping and praying that your father gets home safely. At least he will be closer to home when they do disembark than he would have been in Seattle. I did not mention this before but I also hope he had an exterior suite with a veranda or at the very least an exterior room with a window, as the windows do slide open for fresh air and of course the view ( at least thru the canal ) An interior room would not be my first choice of places to be quarantined. Cuba would also work for me, as long as I need not need medical help of any kind.

Please keep us informed.

Hem

That was an ordeal . My very best to you and your family.

And your right, if you or a loved one ever takes a cruise in the future , take every bit of insurance offered.

Bighornram

as we discussed earlier, I am hoping and praying that your father gets home safely. At least he will be closer to home when they do disembark than he would have been in Seattle. I did not mention this before but I also hope he had an exterior suite with a veranda or at the very least an exterior room with a window, as the windows do slide open for fresh air and of course the view ( at least thru the canal ) An interior room would not be my first choice of places to be quarantined. Cuba would also work for me, as long as I need not need medical help of any kind.

Please keep us informed.

Hem

That was an ordeal . My very best to you and your family.

And your right, if you or a loved one ever takes a cruise in the future , take every bit of insurance offered.
He has a interior cabin and is getting a little stir crazy. Serves him right for not listening to his son.
Here are couple pictures from somewhere in Chile1056.jpeg
1043.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back