MT residents thoughts on Steve Bullock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I’m in the minority that thought setting up a state managed hunt of grizzlies after delisting was the right call. Not having a season calls into question whether their intent is to ever have a season. Is Montana helping fight this again? Or are they hoping Wyoming and Idaho fight for them?

I think Big Fin can attest to the fact a state regulated hunting season in Montana was the goal through the entire delisting process. The fight is on the part of the USFWS, not the states. The USFWS will recommend delisting and then be the litigants in court when they get sued. The only way the states end up sued is if the delisting is successful, and the state(s) try to implement a hunt that could impact the bears' ESA status.

I think Big Fin can attest to the fact a state regulated hunting season in Montana was the goal through the entire delisting process. The fight is on the part of the USFWS, not the states. The USFWS will recommend delisting and then be the litigants in court when they get sued. The only way the states end up sued is if the delisting is successful, and the state(s) try to implement a hunt that could impact the bears' ESA status.
Of course it was the intent to have a season in Montana. All the more reason why it should upset you that FWP AND the governor decided against one.

Of course it was the intent to have a season in Montana. All the more reason why it should upset you that FWP AND the governor decided against one.

I don't think it was a surprise to anyone who pays attention to this stuff that the delisting was at minimum going to be blocked by a temporary injunction halting hunts the first year. While the decision to overturn the listing didn't surprise me, neither did I think that was going to be the outcome. I expected injunctions blocking any hunts, after which the listing would be upheld.

It doesn't upset me in the least the state would possibly lose one year of grizzly bear hunting in the essence of being cautious.

Jumping in late here.

I guess he figures he has done a great job of wrecking MT and would now like to finish the rest of the country.

So, they should have virtue signaled for snowflakes who can't wait until it's settled to put in for a tag?

Still no traction for him in the media out this way. All the nuts are plastered on every web page. Its a sorry state of affairs

We here bloviating on Hunttalk seem to think that hunting is the only wildlife management tool and the discussion apparently ignores the other aspects of state management of grizzlies, which likely were stronger factors in the recommendations and decisions by FWP and Governor Bullock.

'Uncertain if this issue is what resulted in the previous characterization of Gov Bullock doing a "great job of wrecking MT", but that opinion rings hollow without some elaboration. Other than some hunting related specific decisions contrary to the opinions of some of us, the general view of Gov Bullock as a potential candidate appears to be favorable.

Montana will continue to endure unfunded problems primarily due to a tax and funding system everyone agrees needs fixing / improving. Infrastructure needs, health care for a huge segment of the population, increased support for public lands, outdoor recreation, access, veterans' needs, and a myriad of other Montana issues which received attention and improvements under Bullock point more to a successful tenure than a "wreck" in my opinion.

I am new here so will try and tread lightly. After reading this entire thread I am surprised at the number of sportsmen that think the Democrat party that is firmly aligned with animal rights groups, that are demanding the end of hunting, as well as anti gun groups demanding the end of our constitutional right of gun free ownership, is about preserving our heritage of sporting activities. These politicians that try and sound as if they are hunters you know will appoint judges that will do everything possible to stop us and our passion. When there judges deny seasons or access then a guy like Bullock will act as if he was fighting for us with a wink and a nod to the judge.

Any of you guys from MT can not be happy with the fact that our state is arguably the richest state in the union when it comes to natural resources and we stand nearly last when it comes to individual income. We have been successfully turned into a zoo with the population scraping for service industry jobs trying to get some scraps from the tourists. The democrats shut down all of our industries that would support our school systems and then complain that the schools are under funded and the people should knuckle up for the children and pay higher taxes from our nearly bottom of the barrel incomes.

Lot of you have been lied to and unfortunately for the sportsmen, you believe the lies.

I am new here so will try and tread lightly. After reading this entire thread I am surprised at the number of sportsmen that think the Democrat party that is firmly aligned with animal rights groups, that are demanding the end of hunting, as well as anti gun groups demanding the end of our constitutional right of gun free ownership, is about preserving our heritage of sporting activities. These politicians that try and sound as if they are hunters you know will appoint judges that will do everything possible to stop us and our passion. When there judges deny seasons or access then a guy like Bullock will act as if he was fighting for us with a wink and a nod to the judge.

Any of you guys from MT can not be happy with the fact that our state is arguably the richest state in the union when it comes to natural resources and we stand nearly last when it comes to individual income. We have been successfully turned into a zoo with the population scraping for service industry jobs trying to get some scraps from the tourists. The democrats shut down all of our industries that would support our school systems and then complain that the schools are under funded and the people should knuckle up for the children and pay higher taxes from our nearly bottom of the barrel incomes.

Lot of you have been lied to and unfortunately for the sportsmen, you believe the lies.
In the vein of constructive response and a word of caution to a new, more politically passionate Hunttalker, assertions about R's or D's as glittering political generalities and the sound bites disparaging either party will quickly grease the runners on the sled down the slippery slope to thread-lock by the forum administration. I ... shamefully 'been there, done that.

Please try to stick to facts, data, experience, interesting stories, and other such valid support for opinions and other input to any particular thread.

In the vein of constructive response and a word of caution to a new, more politically passionate Hunttalker, assertions about R's or D's as glittering political generalities and the sound bites disparaging either party will quickly grease the runners on the sled down the slippery slope to thread-lock by the forum administration. I ... shamefully 'been there, done that.

Please try to stick to facts, data, experience, interesting stories, and other such valid support for opinions and other input to any particular thread.
Gotcha. Please point out where I am wrong about the lack of industry in MT. Or where I am wrong about where alliances with anti hunting and anti 2A are. If I am wrong about anything I am willing to stand corrected.

"Please point out where I am wrong about the lack of industry in MT. Or where I am wrong about where alliances with anti hunting and anti 2A are."

Nope. Hammer your politically charged bullets of debate at some other target.

"Please point out where I am wrong about the lack of industry in MT. Or where I am wrong about where alliances with anti hunting and anti 2A are."

Nope. Hammer your politically charged bullets of debate at some other target.
I think that means that if my opinion of Bullock is not positive that it does not Deem worthy of discussion?

There are 3 kinds of people... Those who are afraid of Democrats, and those who are afraid of Republicans.

Some of the third kind hang out here, they tend to be all wishy washy on political party. They actually think before they vote, because they don't just do what a party tells them to. They don't believe that politics are all black and white, or that one party is a friend and the other the enemy. They tend to believe that there are those within each party that can help you attain your goals, and also those within each party that will work against your interests quite often. Strange lot indeed.

Any of you guys from MT can not be happy with the fact that our state is arguably the richest state in the union when it comes to natural resources and we stand nearly last when it comes to individual income.

I watched for 11 years as largely Republican controlled legislatures refused to grant COLA raises for state employees, and a Democratic governor did nothing to address it.

It's not simply a partisan issue.

I watched for 11 years as largely Republican controlled legislatures refused to grant COLA raises for state employees, and a Democratic governor did nothing to address it.

It's not simply a partisan issue.
While the citizens in the private sector are facing huge declines in income, layoffs, and on average significantly lower wages and benefits than those working in the public sector collecting their wages from the private sector? Is this whatyou are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back