Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Governor-Elect Gianforte Names FWP Transition Team

C

Comparing the two... there are most definitely benefits for leasing to outfitters vs opening it for a public "managed" access (BMA). I don't believe anyone would argue that p.o.v.

That appears to be his point. I agree.
My understanding of the point he’s trying to make is that Block Management does not promote quality. Maybe I skimmed it too fast. The Block Management program is good, but has some serious warts as well.

BMAs reward then landowners when they maximize opportunity, quality be damned. See a pattern here?

Didn't imply that at all. Simply stated facts, as opposed to those who "speculated" whether or not this was true. Any inferences are your own, and are telling.
So what exactly ARE the facts? Still sounds like the bottom line is conjecture.
Your inference could be construed as telling. ;)

My understanding of the point he’s trying to make is that Block Management does not promote quality. Maybe I skimmed it too fast. The Block Management program is good, but has some serious warts as well.

BMAs reward then landowners when they maximize opportunity, quality be damned. See a pattern here?
I was just thinking the other day that most block management areas where I live seem to be barren of game. (This was on a 10-mile hike on a BMA with fresh snow where we crossed exactly one elk track.)

Anybody else been seeing these signs around? I presume this is for lobbying against the shoulder seasons?

20201117_113953.jpg

I was just thinking the other day that most block management areas where I live seem to be barren of game. (This was on a 10-mile hike on a BMA with fresh snow where we crossed exactly one elk track.)

Anybody else been seeing these signs around? I presume this is for lobbying against the shoulder seasons?

View attachment 163122
I rolled my eyes so hard reading that sign that I may have permanently damaged my vision.

So what exactly ARE the facts? Still sounds like the bottom line is conjecture.
Your inference could be construed as telling. ;)
That was a quote from Willie Brown, readily accessible with a simple search, so yeah, I guess, those ARE the facts. Sorry they don't fit your narrative.

View attachment 163122
Must be an old sign. It suggests Montana ONLY has a 12 week elk season. We all know better.

View attachment 163122
Reminds me. I need to renew some memberships.
Is that really a BMA taking hunter dollars and attempting to exclude certain people?

I just skimmed through it, but he's not wrong. The Block Management program gives higher reward to higher hunter numbers, period. That is counterintuitive to rewarding someone for providing a higher quality hunt.
It is and that's why many BMA's are devoid of game.

It is also why many cooperators leave the program.
Seems to be a reason for the "Masters" program as well. One that a few of the vocal HT members frowned on as well.

Arnaud's private landowner leased Outfitter operation shows the value for leasing. He makes solid points why BMA's are faulty by design i.e. Arnaud's Boots on the ground BM theme vs adequate payment as their outfitter service offers to landowners). And he's right...

I've always been a strong proponent for a fee based BM stamp, raise overall resident tag price, etc.
The landowners enrolled in BM that I've met are either heart solid to provide opportunity and cross through route access or have land that isn't up to outfitter leasor interest, thus, accept the simple payment from BM.

Can John Q Public pony up the $ value for BMA's to compete w/ the Arnaud's personal business model? Would be nice... though sadly, no. However- if that's Cheryl Arnaud's take on this moving forward on Gianforte's advisory team, more power to her. That's pretty noble to promote a viable public method to compete against her own business.

Thus, the challenge I have with the presentation. Example:

Screenshot_20201122-080026_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
Sytes, although I don't disagree with your reasonings and conjectures, this is a gubernatorial transition team without a clear scope or mission expressed. You may be getting way ahead of the process. Perhaps some time and patience for more clarity is necessary before this kind of analysis.

The thread discussion is based on the who and what they may/may not bring with them.

I agree. It holds some conjecture / speculation, hence my original comment. When I saw Arnaud's name, it immediately brought me back to the presentation. I was surprised to find it on the net.

Hopefully what you expect of your friend, Cheryl, and Gianforte expect are in line.
Haha! One of the rare hopeful correlations to express between you and Gianforte. This is meant as friendly and a bit of humored intent. :)
I expect that Cheryl will be a positive and reasonable influence on this group. She is someone respectful and open.

I sure wish I remembered where Kerry’s Fb interactions with @Big Fin could be found but here’s a sample for those unaware of who he is.

View attachment 162467

Newberg-Herring Podcast : Kerry White is a Communist, Marxist Leninist.
I love it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back