MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

SW Montana

Abshire

I am 35, turning 36 in a few days it seems...

I live in Red Lodge, MT and I am looking for like-minded people that would enjoy going hunting and fishing together. I am fairly new to backcountry hunting but have been an avid backcountry fly angler for years. I grew up in North Carolina and have taken the 7 years since I moved here to ease into it and make sure I am in shape enough to make it happen. I have lost nearly 200 pounds now, so I think my back, knees, mind/body are ready to head on out.

I was planning on going solo, and I intend on doing that still, but it would be a lot safer and probably a little easier with someone else.

I have been an outdoor freelance writer now since 2016, but since I work from home and spend what time I am not working in the bush, I tend to not get out a lot and meet people. I am sure this is a common problem for those of us that like to wander around in the woods for days on end. So I saw this part of the forums and figured I would throw my hat in the ring.

I love to fish, and hunt...and I want to learn about trapping. I currently rifle hunt only, and bow hunting is next year's agenda. I am open to any hunt, big game, small game, birds...it makes no difference to me as long as it gets me outside of town and into the"hoorahs".

Congrats on the weight loss! My Grandpa lives in Red Lodge. I like grabbing a beer at Foster & Logan's. We usually go after trout when I'm in town. Welcome aboard!

Back