MT archery elk - We're baaack!

Absolutely fabulous in every way. Killer ending and beautiful bull! Thanks for the adventure!

Wow! That is a great bull, but the story that goes along with it is what really makes it. I am in a chair at a computer but I feel like I am right there beside you. You need to compile your stories into a book.

Unbelievable story and awesome bull. Congrats BigFin, hard work pays off.

Nice job, Randy. Very cool bull. Bottom of the 9th again....you sure know how to get your money's worth....

Congrats Randy. Hard to add any to what has already been said. Thanks for taking us along.

By far the best story I have ever read. You have a way with getting the viewer in the moment. Congrats on a great hunt and great bull. I now can't wait to head to the hills and do some hunting. Good luck in new Mexico and I hope to read all accounts when I get back.

Again congrats and thanks for taking us along for the ride.

That's a really cool bull.
Thanks for the play by play fin, sounds like a great week.

Ok I just received two texts from Randy and I'm not really sure what they mean exactly so I will give you the info I know. He asked me to post this.

He said that he's been waiting with a herd of 150 for 3 hours and they are getting closer. He said he hopes to send me a pict. with a huge 6x6. Then I get another text from him that says. " I shot a bear last night. Lots of encounter. Great footage. Let hunttalkers know we got one with one day to go"

I'm not sure if he's only referring to the bear or if he actually sealed the deal with an elk. I will keep you posted if I hear anything before he posts again.

Great story, and great bull, but I'm still wondering what happened to the bear?

Great story, and great bull, but I'm still wondering what happened to the bear?

Sorry about that. Here is the gig.

I replied to a Lawnboy text, telling him that I was close, giving it one last shot. In the process, the phone asked if I wanted to send any previously undelivered messages. I thought it was talking about my current reply, so I said, "Yes."

Unknown to me, there was a text from the Alaska bear hunt in May that had not been delivered. So, I ended up sending Bart a text from May that said, "Joe shot a bear last night. Lots of encounters. Great footage. Let the Hunt Talkers know we got one, with one day to go."

The text was referring to the AK bear my buddy Joe had shot. Bart and I have this running joke of a guy he knows, named Old Joe. From that text, Bart thought I was being a funny imitator of Old Joe and I had shot the bear.

Sorry for the confusion. Smart phones make dumb people like me look dumb.

Thanks for the story and play by play throughout the hunt. Seeing your struggles gives me the encouragment to keep going on my antelope hunting while totally getting my ass kicked. Great bull...you deserved it!!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back