Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MT archery elk - We're baaack!

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
We are going in to the same landlocked piece of BLM ground where we filmed the MT rifle elk hunt last year. This time, it is archery. Will be heading in early tomorrow morning.

Forecast is for hot, hot, and hot. Word is that things are going to be a little more crowded this year, which might make a difficult hunt even more so. This is not a very big piece of public, and no matter which way the elk head, they are headed to a sanctuary of private land, inaccessible to those of us hunting the public land.

This trip will be me and Troy. Troy has a tag, for the first time since we started this TV gig. The production company has suggested that Troy film me, and hopefully get a kill on tape. Once that happens, I film him and we see how good he is in front of the camera. I already know how bad I am behind the camera, so Troy better be real good "talent" if we are to make much of that.

Good news is that Sportsman Channel is letting us do a ton of cool stuff that we previously were not able to do. New clips, more informational pieces, etc. We have a shot list full of things we want to get done on this hunt.

I had hoped to go in later this month, but when some other tags came up, this was the only time that fit the schedule. Not sure what to expect when the weather is this hot and this early in the rut.

Will have phone and computer connection, so we will be providing daily updates, as long as Mr. Brunton keeps the power generating.

Good luck to all of you who are out there chasing the bucks and bulls.

If you want to watch this hunt on our YouTube channel, go here ----->https://youtu.be/e2IWmSanv7M?list=PLLdxutimd-JsDsjt6qJIbJe5kQgvgAhw7

IMG_0934.JPG

Thanks for watching!

Good luck to you and I hope the weather and the bulls cooperate. Its been fun reading about your hunts this year.

Good luck fellas, been a blast followin along on the hunts..BF, you have truly done an amazing job with the show.

No hotter than your MT archery hunt last year.
Make it happen Fin, good luck!

Do you plunk yourself down near a boundary and let the other hunters push the elk towards "private" sanctuary and then introduce that big bull to your favorite arrow?

Good luck Randy. You should have it to yourself. I'm not going back until later in the month. It should be like taking candy from a baby!

Since I didn't draw my elk tag this year I will have to live vicariously through your hunts!!! I have enjoyed them so far, and can't wait for this adventure!!! Good luck guys!!!

It should be like taking candy from a baby!

Hey now it's not that easy ;):) I wish I was strapped to the wing or something :(. Should be a good time. Hopefully it cools down some though. That country gets a lot warmer than in these mountains.
Make sure you feed Troy well. He gets cranky when he's hungry. Maybe Wingman can drop some T bones down on you. That would be nice.

Hard to believe that this time last week you were down here chasing pronghorn and now you are up there chasing elk. You are living well my friend!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back