Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mother's Day bear

Brandenbowhunter

Well, with a busy schedule, my wife had given me permission to go out for bears after going out for lunch on Mother's Day. I had called around to get some buddies to go, understandably, not many could go. My buddy Tobin finally called and said he was in, he was least likely to get to go, having just added number three to the family earlier in the week. With our wives blessings we headed to a spot that I have been itching to get into this year. With a lot of snow it was still a stretch that it would be good.
We weren't even out the truck and we found a grizzly bear, getting within 40 yards of it.
We started off high, Tobin missing a coyote on that hike. Then moved lower, with lots of game down lower we knew it was a matter of time before we saw the kind of bear we could shoot. On one last look we found this guy, stalked to within 90 and Tobin took care of him.

Beautiful bear. Congrats to Mr. Capp. Not only a great artist, but evidently a serious bear hunter.

I'm not sure how you arranged that deal on Mother's Day, but I respect you and your woman for that. Kudos and congrats on an understanding wife and a great bear! Personally, I was in frantic brownie point scoring mode for my upcoming MT bear hunt that starts in a week.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back