Montana Rifle Elk - Gonna be a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Fin,
Thanks for your reply and for answering my questions. I can appreciate how you felt, having lived in and hunted montana for the last 21 years the ever shrinking public land hunting opportunities has spawned many a heated conversation. I hope you do not feel that I have badmouthed you, that was not my intent. I was just someone reading a blog and wanting to hear both sides of the story and playing the devils advocate.
Congratulations on your successful hunt and good luck in the future!

Big Fin,
Thanks for your reply and for answering my questions. I can appreciate how you felt, having lived in and hunted montana for the last 21 years the ever shrinking public land hunting opportunities has spawned many a heated conversation. I hope you do not feel that I have badmouthed you, that was not my intent. I was just someone reading a blog and wanting to hear both sides of the story and playing the devils advocate.
Congratulations on your successful hunt and good luck in the future!

just curious if you have yet to hear both sides?

I am waiting to hear wingman's side as I suspect he has to edit it heavily since Big Fin posted his reply.

Nemont

Query: Were there any other hunters/planes,/parasails/human kites/rocket ships/flying saucers/obnoxious Texans in there? How big is that place...:D:rolleyes:

Holy cow, the way wingman was talking i was expecting that he wouldn't shoot some measly little 310 bull. Those weak G5's, good thing you got him out of the gene pool:rolleyes:

I've seen some guys try really hard to make their animal look big but wow, that was really obvious! LOL

Still a nice bull though, i would have shot it:)

Query: Were there any other hunters/planes,/parasails/human kites/rocket ships/flying saucers/obnoxious Texans in there? How big is that place...:D:rolleyes:

Pick me up driving through Colorado next year NHY:D

Attachments

• jetpacks-0707.jpg
    jetpacks-0707.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 451
A friend of mine is a helicopter pilot, says he can get a good price on flying in. I am thinking a week to 10 days next year with a couple of guys just may be the ticket. No nunchucks allowed.

Greenhorn,

I was thinking the same thing.

If I draw a tag, I will be in there to with Upper Deck and Grizzley. I might bring a few other guys who are interested in bowhunting MT as well. Sounds like a great area with lots of bulls. I don't mind paying to be choppered in. If I bring a big enough crew, someones bound to put that big bull on the ground! Wingman doesn't seem to mind the company so let's go for it. Who else is in?

Holy cow, the way wingman was talking i was expecting that he wouldn't shoot some measly little 310 bull. Those weak G5's, good thing you got him out of the gene pool:rolleyes:

I've seen some guys try really hard to make their animal look big but wow, that was really obvious! LOL

Still a nice bull though, i would have shot it:)

I'm not saying this is a big bull but with 17 " fronts, 18" g3 and 18".g4 I would say that it Is most Likly bigger than most of your bulls from mt. If your going to nag on a bull you better have at least 10 bigger than it.

all this to drop a 300" bull.......count me in on the circus next year! Who has an open seat? :eek:

Your officially on the list Buckmania. I plan on bringing in a big crew!

sweet, I'll cover the gas bill on the chopper if you splurge for one of those repelling ropes Navy Seals use so that we don't have to waste time landing shuttling guys in....deal?

Lawn boy if you got butt hurt because I was hunting in there with you. How are you going to be able to deal with 12 other bowhunters at a time next year? That is what there was for bow pressure th:rolleyes:is year. Good luck love to see ya again.

Don't know that I said anything about being butt hurt:confused: But look North across the valley next year and you'll see Sweetnectar and myself watching the soap opera unfold. Wow like was mentioned before some colors are coming through. I always love it when you run into people hunting and the first thing they say is how long they have been hunting an area as if to impress. Then they go on to say they have"every bull numbered"(exact quote) and named. If you knew anything about those herds you would know that they move any given direction 5-10 miles and nothing is predictable.

I'm not trying to be a butt and am glad you had success. I was only disappointed that the elk smelled and saw you and we missed a chance at a nice bull.. seems natural to me. Have a great day and I wish you no ill will.

I'm sure this thread is about to get locked so my last words to you guys that are having fun with this is, monkey see monkey do. Peace out !

Greenhorn,

I was thinking the same thing.

If I draw a tag, I will be in there to with Upper Deck and Grizzley. I might bring a few other guys who are interested in bowhunting MT as well. Sounds like a great area with lots of bulls. I don't mind paying to be choppered in. If I bring a big enough crew, someones bound to put that big bull on the ground! Wingman doesn't seem to mind the company so let's go for it. Who else is in?

I'll take one of those copter seats...where do I send my deposit?!:D

The only reason I ever watched an episode of Jersey Shore was so I could better understand the parody of it on South Park. But this, I'll have to see.. Kenny Power's long lost little brother makes an appearance on outdoor TV..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back