Montana Rifle Elk - Gonna be a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this thread is about to get locked so my last words to you guys that are having fun with this is, monkey see monkey do. Peace out !

Shoot, I was wanting to hear the other side of the story.

Regardless congrats Wingman on a decent bull

cograts to the OYO crew as well

Nemont

I have a request wingman. Next time you take photos will you please sit closer to the horns?
Congrats to both on the kills. This whole thread still makes me laugh. I'm thinking that 6 years of getting wind whipped made someone a bit crusty.

I'm sure this thread is about to get locked so my last words to you guys that are having fun with this is, monkey see monkey do. Peace out !

...so long, we'll miss the integrity....I'm pretty sure even a monkey can smell bullshit.

BTW, nice bull, hope it was worth it.

I have a request wingman. Next time you take photos will you please sit closer to the horns?
Congrats to both on the kills. This whole thread still makes me laugh. I'm thinking that 6 years of getting wind whipped made someone a bit crusty.

I'm thinking 3 days of being wind whipped has made me crusty:D

Since most of you do not actually know Wingman, let me fill you in a little. M*** has taken some awfully nice bulls over the years from various areas around the state. So has his father. I'm sure having planes at their disposal has helped, but so has the fact that they're very dedicated hunters. For a few years, they had that place to themselves and now that is no longer the case. That is why he is upset. I've been in that position, and it's depressing. I'm old enough now to realize that's just the way of life, but when I was his age I was pretty volatile as well. None of us are perfect. Let's just try to give other hunters the same respect that we hope to get. One other thing. Here's hoping that Randy and his film crew doesn't show up in my favorite spot next year.

Longest thread

Is this the longest thread ever? Sure enjoyed the play by play of the hunt, checked the thread morning and nite ,,,,like I was there ,,,hope the TV show is this good Congrats

Let's just try to give other hunters the same respect that we hope to get. One other thing. Here's hoping that Randy and his film crew doesn't show up in my favorite spot next year.

can you please clarify your statement....are you implying everyone should give other hunters the respect Randy or Wing exhibited?

Here's hoping to finding my own public land spot that nobody else can hunt. ;)

Buckmania
Since I wasn't there and I haven't heard the audio, I'm not going to make any judgement call. I was referring to a paraphrase of the "Golden Rule". I can only hope to try to treat other hunters the way I'd like to be treated. And sometimes that's NOT easy.

Hey guys, I have to admit that watching this thread come to life has been a lot of fun. After this dries up I might have to actually go back and do some work. Its been real! Have a great day and Have a great hunting season.

Since most of you do not actually know Wingman, let me fill you in a little. M*** has taken some awfully nice bulls over the years from various areas around the state. So has his father. I'm sure having planes at their disposal has helped, but so has the fact that they're very dedicated hunters. For a few years, they had that place to themselves and now that is no longer the case. That is why he is upset. I've been in that position, and it's depressing. I'm old enough now to realize that's just the way of life, but when I was his age I was pretty volatile as well. None of us are perfect. Let's just try to give other hunters the same respect that we hope to get. One other thing. Here's hoping that Randy and his film crew doesn't show up in my favorite spot next year.

The only problem with all that is that it is public land and anybody who can access it legally has as much right to hunt it as you do or wingman does or Big Fin does. It is not "your" spot, you don't own it, you don't have any exclusive use of it. Same goes for Big Fin as he admits every time.

So the question becomes is it the right way to treat fellow hunters by buzzing their camp and then setting up the next morning right in their lap? If that is what happened then your buddy, Wingman, should heed your advice about the Golden Rule.

It seems odd to me that Wingman is willing to come on and make all kinds of comments but is not willing to explain his side of the story. To me that only confirms the assumption that he knows his side of the story would not appear to be the correct way to treat fellow hunters. I suspect the audio would also confirm that but I don't know that.

I understand having "my" spot taken by other hunters, it happens every year. Live on East side of the state and you begin to dread all those "7", "6", "4" and "3" resident plates let alone the NR plates. I have had to adapt to all of that over the years.

Nemont

Iamdilligaf,

No one likes seeing new hunters in "their" public land hunting spot, as we all work hard to find good areas. Guess what it happens. It's happened to me, most of the guys on this site, and now Wingman. You press on and hunt, without being a prick, or go find a new area to hunt. This is much easier when you have a plane I am assuming.

I encourage you to go back and read all of the posts on this thread. Wingman's true colors clearly show through. The problem most of us have here is how he acted and responded to a fellow hunter, as it could have been anyone of us. I simply don't have any time for arrogent people like Wingman. It seems to me you're making excuses for him. He needs to man up and act like an adult. He missed a great opportunity to establish a positive relationship with Randy, Bart and Troy. Wingman could learn an awful lot from them on hunting, but more importantly how to conduct yourself in a respectful, ethical manner to other hunters and people in general.

Since Wingman is no longer with us, and I don't miss him, please pass this on!

Last edited:
Nemont,

Looks like we were typing at the same time. I didn't mean to double up on your post. I agree with you 100%!

Haha i loved the South Park Jersey Shore episode almost as i loved watching a scuzzy bitterroot do-anything-for-a-trophy hunter get revealed for who he is.

Sometimes, when your foe is evil enough, you turn to your enemy. Thats why next year I'm bringing Al Qaeda in to bomb this entire little block of BLM land. See you next year, INFIDELS!

OK Buschy,
Let me deflate your pompous assed attitude a little. First, I'm not a friend of Wingman's at all. Never have been, and I'm not defending him. I just said I know him. And I do think he has an arrogant, imature attitude a lot. I HAVE read all these posts and I've hesitated to reply simply because of responses like yours where the person seems to think the view from their high horse is the only possible view there is. If you would have actually put some thought into my post instead of just flapping your lips to hear yourself speak, you would have realized that I was trying to promote respectful behavior. Since you do not know me AT ALL, I can only judge from your response to my post that respect for the opinions of others is not too high on your list.

I don't have access to a plane, or have enough money for a heli ride. I have a question. Is there some public land close enough that I could get bungie blasted over the private in a big ball?

Wingnut, nice bull.

OK Buschy,
Let me deflate your pompous assed attitude a little. First, I'm not a friend of Wingman's at all. Never have been, and I'm not defending him. I just said I know him. And I do think he has an arrogant, imature attitude a lot. I HAVE read all these posts and I've hesitated to reply simply because of responses like yours where the person seems to think the view from their high horse is the only possible view there is. If you would have actually put some thought into my post instead of just flapping your lips to hear yourself speak, you would have realized that I was trying to promote respectful behavior. Since you do not know me AT ALL, I can only judge from your response to my post that respect for the opinions of others is not too high on your list.

lamdilligraf, your profile says you have not made any friends yet :D:(. And then I read this note where you are calling out a guy with a long history of being anything but pompous. This is the internet, thus you are already as well known on this site as you are likely to ever be--and yep people make quick judgments about us based on what we write. That is how this internet thingy works. Your words are who you are. Registering one day and then immediately defending someone you know and who admittedly buzzed a camp and herd then jumped on top of their hunt, and then taking shots at a guy who has proven on here over years of interactions what he is made of brands you indelibly as a certain sort of person that we all see drop in (and out) of the various social websites. What you wrote so far most definitely reads like you are defending wing. You may not be friends with wing...it reads like you are far more than friends, actually. For example, why would you register for this website and jump into the ruckus as the first order of business? A coincidense, of course, but reasonable people can and do do make assumptions about that sort of timing.

Last edited:
Iamdilligaf,

I guess this "pompus ass" will have to disagree with you.

I have been in Wingman's position many times. If someone is on a piece of public land I want to hunt before I get there, I wish them luck and find somewhere else to go. I don't have some God given right to hunt there just because I did in the past. It sucks, but that's the way it is. I should have gotten up the mountain earlier if I wanted to hunt there.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. I know how to treat fellow hunters on public land so you don't have to do me any favors by "promoting respectful behavior" to me. Do your "promoting" where it's needed give Wingman a call, don't lecture me.

Wingman simply needs to acknowledge he used poor judgement and made some mistakes, we all make them, by acting "arrogant and immature" as you stated. Most people here are very forgiving and understanding, but don't have time for arrogant pricks. I can and do stand up and achnowledge my mistakes, can Wingman?

I am done "flapping my lips to hear myself speak" unless you have something else to say that makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Hey Shoots-Straight - great idea with the bungeeblasting.

Also you're invited to come with my group next year, we are parachuting in. There will be several skydiving groups, but you can recognize my group because we are planning a benzene-ring formation as we freefall into camp. do join us, we plan to get the biggest bull on the mountain.

I'm for bungeeblasting! but if we all can have camo parachutes I'm in on that one too either way

Same person

I'd be willing to bet lamdilligaf and wingnut are the same person. Web adm should be able to verify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back