Montana Rifle Elk - Gonna be a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Bart get an elk while you were waiting for the chopper? :D

I was so frozen this morning morning that I vowed that even a cow was safe. I wasn't about to take my gloves of and get bloody. My legs were shot after the pack out and countless miles over the last few days. Yea I'm a wuss:D

Great job on cooling down this thread Randy!

I enjoy our hunts and time together because you are a "class act" that always takes the "High Road".

I hope to someday get a chance to hunt with Lawn Boy, IB, Oak and others that are cut from the same cloth as you.

Keep up the good work,
Scott

Great Hunt Randy, even with all the drama. As far as Wingman goes.... not that he cares about my opinion... but ........ naw, its not worth it.

trying to type my story here and twice I had it completed and it was deleted before it got posted. Whats up? Going to have to wait till tomorow.

Nice bull. Just to satisfy my curiousity, do you guys land on a road or in the grass? I have been told you could not land on the grass... Not trying to bust balls in the least, just curious.

To be safe, if you want to type your story again, type it in word, where it wont disappear, then cut and paste it into here.

Wingman, there's a sweet spot for longarm photos and you really messed up.. too much long-stiff. Bull actually looks smaller than it's actual 305 size. Is this the one you shouldered? Laffin! Is that a genetically superior bull of just a young one?

Nice bull wingman, congrats. Is this the same bull that you arrowed in archery? Any pics of the arrow?

No this ie not the arrowed bull. I had to be done Sunday or bust. I was shooting anything for meat that day. But your right he is between 310 and 320. Going to be good eating.

I bet with 6 yrs under your belt in there you've got some BIG BULLS you could show us...

So Randy, you have left out a couple details... were the big bulls you were seeing... REally , Really big..?? 370+ bulls?? It would be a kick to get in there and stay for 10 days and be able to take your time!

J
Nice bull. Just to satisfy my curiousity, do you guys land on a road or in the grass? I have been told you could not land on the grass... Not trying to bust balls in the least, just curious.

To be safe, if you want to type your story again, type it in word, where it wont disappear, then cut and paste it into here.

I land on a 600 foot chunk of road. Very rough, I have 31 inch tundra tires. I met with the BLM ranger up on top the hill Saturday. It was just a fluke, we were both in the same place at the same time. All is good.

I believe I watched the alleged arrowed bull for well over an hour on Friday night. Obviously I had no idea that he might have been shot and I wasn't looking for some sort of tiny blood spot. He actually walked by me with the herd(150+) at 60 yards pretty cool. When they got off the hill and Troy was in filming wonderland I watched him and 23 other bulls go crazy on public land about 600 yards from our camp. There was a giant 7 point with only weak 3rds but the biggest top and mass I've ever seen on a 7 and a whopper 6 with big thirds. Troy has great footage of the 7 and the many other bulls in that group but the big 6 was just out of his line of sight. The other 2 were so big that the 10 or so 300" bulls wouldn't even catch your attention. I watched from a spotter at 700 yards directly across in elevation and it was impressive. The big 6 that he says hit and that walked by me was acting like a normal herd bull. Never any sign of limping or discoloration on his sides that I could see. I guess my point is that this was either not the bull he hit or if it was he is just fine. He told us the 7 was maybe a 330:confused: bull but that the six is what he was after. I personally would of shot the 7 but the six was a beauty. I guessed him at 360-375" and the seven at 365-380" I know big range but they were both big and I'm no expert. Hopefully they can make it another year and I can get an arrow in him:D

So Randy, you have left out a couple details... were the big bulls you were seeing... REally , Really big..?? 370+ bulls??

Didn't get any on the ground of that size and I am not very good at judging them on the hoof. :D

When the show airs next year, I will be interested to hear peoples' estimates how big the two biggest bulls were that spent a half hour about 500-600 yards from our tent the night before season opened.

Lawn boy if you got butt hurt because I was hunting in there with you. How are you going to be able to deal with 12 other bowhunters at a time next year? That is what there was for bow pressure th:rolleyes:is year. Good luck love to see ya again.

Wow, more nice attitude... You just cant help but let your true colors shine through huh?

Thanks for the the description of the herds and bulls Bart, that is incredible. I've heard such tales several times from all around those hills...its hard to believe.

I'll be the guy with 2 dozen arrows, a 150 yard slider pin, 2 cans of pepper spray, and nunchucks.

That's YOUR bull? Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back