MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana Muzzleloader season bill

I really hope that I'm missing something, and that no one's talking about this because there's a reason it won't go through that I don't know about.

Otherwise I'm at a complete loss.

The legislature doesn't care what you think. This is how the majority has always operated. They are smarter than you, and they are determined to pass bills like this now that there is a governor who will sign them.

MT got what it voted for.

Bet you $1 the season gets created this year with dates after general season, then the season dates get changed to September next legislative session.

And/or it gets changed from traditional to “as long as you shove the projectile down from the muzzle” season.

I can’t decide which will happen first.

In so many offices; at so many levels. As an Independent, I like balance. Presently balance is nonexistent in Montana government.

Although this may be true, all the bitching about how bad Montana game management is, happened under a previous administration.

Although this may be true, all the bitching about how bad Montana game management is, happened under a previous administration.
Correction: ... administrations. (Note; 'doesn't matter what administration nor what game management, the armchair wildlife biologists will bitch. I prefer to reflect on Montana's BACK FROM THE BRINK and advocate for that scenario to resurge.)

Correction: ... administrations. (Note; 'doesn't matter what administration nor what game management, the armchair wildlife biologists will bitch. I prefer to reflect on Montana's BACK FROM THE BRINK and advocate for that scenario to resurge.)

Correction wasn’t necessary, I didn’t say “the” previous administration, in a manner of speaking in correct English, a previous administration does leave that door open to other administrations.

That's true to a certain extent, but the meddling in game management is a bipartsan affair that has seen well over 100 bills introduced on the issue each session since at least 2009.

The executive has to live with the laws passed by the legislature, and in this instance, that brain trust has done a significant amount of damage to how wildlife should be managed in Montana.

@Randy Hodges - it means you keep fighting, and you get 15 more friends to show up with you. Nothing is done until the Governor signs it.

I can see it now...newbies taking their new smoke belchers out to practice in August and starting fires all over.
Then come December Hunttalk will be besieged with "how to remedy mis-fires".
Pilgrims galore.

The following August, aka sighting-in time, we'll get posts like: "Is it Ok to leave my muzzle loader loaded until next season?"

Last edited:
It goes to the Senate Fish and Game committee next. Not real optimistic about getting it killed there after seeing how they voted on the crossbow bill last week, but it's time to start flooding that committee with e-mails and phone calls.

Ben, come on. "to an extent" WTF?? Dems have controlled the Gov'ship for the 16 previous years and we've had a stacked commission and Liberal handpicked directors.

as to the muzzle loader season, I would be all for it, No in-lines, no scopes, EVER. Use it to replace last 20 days of general rifle season.

Ben, come on. "to an extent" WTF?? Dems have controlled the Gov'ship for the 16 previous years and we've had a stacked commission and Liberal handpicked directors.

as to the muzzle loader season, I would be all for it, No in-lines, no scopes, EVER. Use it to replace last 20 days of general rifle season.
So would I if that was the way it was written.

I can only imagine what kind of bucks would be running around in your neck of the woods if it were written the way you wrote it. That would be great. For everyone.

There was a lack of folks seeking to be appointed. That's the honest truth. It was pulling teeth to find folks for the NEMT seat. Did you apply? I know of several folks on the R side who turned it down, after being asked by the Gov's office. Bullock did a lot of things I didn't agree with, but he tried to get a broader inclusion on the commission.

Sportsmen's group didn't get 1/2 as much as they wanted during that time. IF you think that those groups were happy with everything, then you're not paying attention. There was a lot of push & pull (look at the brucellosis issue, elk mgt, etc). That agency tried to stay in the middle, while have a legislature (It's been GOP dominated since 2009) attack them at every turn.

The legislature makes the laws by which FWP has to operate. If you don't like how they do business, maybe quit supporting every dumbass idea that comes along, like 143 & 505.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back