Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana Muzzleloader season bill

Keep the 280AI handy for shoulder season cows.
Actually Steve developed a new 143 Hammer 30 cal bullet specifically for 30-30s. He is currently in Africa with it right now and feels with the right setup it will be an excellent deer/elk option within 200 yards (my 30-30 is open sight, no peep though I wouldn't mind adding a lyman tang peep) so the 280ai may see less action. He is offering them at as the "bullet of the month" discount.

Last edited:
Would sure appreciate a, "Traditional" week setting in Montana. If people got over their own "opportunity" vs resource and able to view a valued picture of Montana, pull a week off the end of archery - call it Montana Traditions, or something to that effect. IMO, it's fitting the American flag, that great pride seeing Old Glory flowing in the breeze.

A week dedicated to say... pre 1890 (random pick). Patch and ball, wooden crafted recurve, no scopes, etc. A PR team that put something like this together would find it fitting to work with, "The Last Best Place" theme.

Back to reality.

Where are the guys that were bringing up archery wounding rates?
Only archery guys wound crap. That has been put to bed. Slow moving round balls flying very inaccurately are nothing to worry about. I think previous threads clearly established this. :sick::ROFLMAO:

Signed into law. "Opponents questioned the timing of the hunt along with the concept of writing hunting seasons into law. Most hunting seasons in Montana are passed through regulations adopted by the Montana Fish and Wildlife Commission."
I agree with all of this quote. I think both issues could have been solved by chopping off the last week or two of rifle for deer (Saving a pile of rutted up bucks) and replacing it with the muzzy hunt. Aside from that, I don't have much issue with it. It'll be interesting to see this in practice.

What is the point in adding a muzzleloader season? If you feel like using a muzzleloader you can already do so during rifle season. Apart from helping muzzleloader sales, there seems to be no other logic for a separate muzzleloader season.

What is the point in adding a muzzleloader season? If you feel like using a muzzleloader you can already do so during rifle season. Apart from helping muzzleloader sales, there seems to be no other logic for a separate muzzleloader season.

Hell with that POV why the F-k have an archery season???

Exactly how do they work? I feel confident to 200 at this point. It’s coming from midway.
I’m not sure. Last one I used was in 1997 in AZ. Had a scope, pyrodex pellets and sabot slug. Shot a record book antelope at 290 yards and sold it not long after that. Bummed no scope, pellets, sabots, 209 primer discs, etc. None the less, should be good to 200. Maybe 300 if you’re good to 200.

Bummed no scope, pellets, sabots, 209 primer discs, etc. None the less, should be good to 200. Maybe 300 if you’re good to 200.
Threaten a lawsuit (thanks Toby!) that no scopes are discriminatory to old people with bad eyes. Thats all it took in Idaho, now with a doctor note you can use a scope.

No chopping two weeks off the season this year. I’ve got a 270 permit in the mail.
Congrats on the tag!
If I was commish for the day, (or Governor, seeing as he's making a bunch of these changes) my two weeks chopped off the end would only apply to the general districts where the forkies and two year olds get piss-pounded. I don't think that's an issue in 270.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back