Montana Muzzleloader season bill

Interesting to read this thread a few years later.

With the 2023 muzzleloader season now having come to a close, my internet observations of it are that it was an additional week for people to go out and shoot 2 point mule deer bucks and does - at least that's what social media makes it seem like.

A couple weeks ago on the opening weekend of the muzzy season, after 12 weeks of archery and general rifle season, once again a string of trucks filled with orange were headed up my road for the public land beyond

Take, take, take, more, more, more.

Disappointing organization(s) shit on removing a week of archery, front or tail end for sake of a more "traditional" method than compound bows.

But hey, support extending the take, take, take....

I would be curious to know how many people are poor enough hunters that they can't kill a 2-point deer in general rifle season but are good enough hunters to kill a 2-point deer with a muzzleloader.
I hunted 8 days during muzzleloader season and didn't take anything. I also hunted 16 days of general season where I didn't take anything, partly because I wanted to hunt with the muzzleloader. I will likely do the same again next year. I would love to see the last week of rifle replaced with muzzy. I would absolutely hate to see muzzy season moved to the end of archery when bulls are still rutting.

Back