Yeti GOBOX Collection

Montana Muzzleloader season bill

Interesting to read this thread a few years later.

With the 2023 muzzleloader season now having come to a close, my internet observations of it are that it was an additional week for people to go out and shoot 2 point mule deer bucks and does - at least that's what social media makes it seem like.

A couple weeks ago on the opening weekend of the muzzy season, after 12 weeks of archery and general rifle season, once again a string of trucks filled with orange were headed up my road for the public land beyond

Take, take, take, more, more, more.

Disappointing organization(s) shit on removing a week of archery, front or tail end for sake of a more "traditional" method than compound bows.

But hey, support extending the take, take, take....

I would be curious to know how many people are poor enough hunters that they can't kill a 2-point deer in general rifle season but are good enough hunters to kill a 2-point deer with a muzzleloader.
I hunted 8 days during muzzleloader season and didn't take anything. I also hunted 16 days of general season where I didn't take anything, partly because I wanted to hunt with the muzzleloader. I will likely do the same again next year. I would love to see the last week of rifle replaced with muzzy. I would absolutely hate to see muzzy season moved to the end of archery when bulls are still rutting.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back