Mini trucks

Scott85

Has anybody gave any thought on using 4x4 mini trucks instead of an ATV or SXS? Would they be legal for trail use on National Forest and BLM land?

Rzrbck918

I had a Suzuki Carry for two or three years. I loved it in the woods. It was road legal but would only do about 55 mph downhill with a tailwind. I had it lifted and mounted a winch that could be moved to the back and wired accordingly. It was a lot of fun and really inexpensive.
IMG_0035.JPG

Treeshark

Man Rzr, that thing would be amazing for an ice fishing rig. How much did just the base rig cost if you remember?

SG25

I had a Suzuki Carry for two or three years. I loved it in the woods. It was road legal but would only do about 55 mph downhill with a tailwind. I had it lifted and mounted a winch that could be moved to the back and wired accordingly. It was a lot of fun and really inexpensive.
View attachment 106478
That thing is sweet! I’ve never seen one of those before.

oleefish2

A friend had one and in general he liked it. His major issues were that its width made it track bad on rutted roads and original tires did not give it good clearness. Doing what was done above would have mad a great difference.

Rzrbck918

A friend had one and in general he liked it. His major issues were that its width made it track bad on rutted roads and original tires did not give it good clearness. Doing what was done above would have mad a great difference.
It did. Clearance was problem so I lifted it and then put 14 inch wheels on it. It ended up with better clearance than my 4 wheeler by a significant degree. It was right hand drive which made shifting a little strange.