Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

March Madness

4 possible victors left. Randy11, bobbydean, upperdeck or myself.

Randy wins if Duke wins the tourney.
BD wins if Baylor makes the title game.
UD wins if Duke makes the title game but loses.
I win if WV beats the winner of Duke/Baylor.

So it's down to Randy11 and upper deck. Think we're going to see a good game tomorrow?

After watching Duke last night I wish my chance was riding on a Duke victory not on a Duke loss. Should be a fun game to watch.

Guess who's not gonna be? :rolleyes:

I'm going to miss the game though, gotta watch my M's beat up on the A's instead.

Ahhh...another baseball fan. Very nice. I enjoyed watching my BoSox come back on the yanks last night. The real sport begins!!

A one-point game with :49 seconds left. I would say that this tournament has weeded everyone out and left us with the two best teams as of this point. Great game so far.

Too bad college football doesn't work this way.

Man, that was a much better game than I suspected. I really wish the half-court shot would have dropped (off glass, of course).

First place!!!

picture.php

I can die a happy man

Really though, what a crazy tournament. Gotta love when it comes down to the line like that.
Congrats Duke.

Man, that was a much better game than I suspected. I really wish the half-court shot would have dropped (off glass, of course).

That would have been Hoosiers Magic for sure!!! Butler gave them a much better game than I suspected. They've got lots of underclassmen playing so maybe we'll get to see them again next year. Only bad thing about Butler, their coach played at DePauw...phucking Dannie. ;) (That's the big rival to where I went to college)

NCAA Champ'ship Ratings

NEW YORK (AP)
The NCAA championship game matched its highest preliminary television rating since 1999.

Duke's 61-59 win over Butler on Monday night on CBS earned a 16.0 overnight rating and 25 share. That's up 34 percent from the 11.9/19 for North Carolina's blowout against Michigan State last year.

It tied the 16.0/23 for North Carolina-Illinois in 2005 as the best since a 16.9/25 in 1999 for Connecticut-Duke.

The entire tournament averaged a 6.6 overnight rating, up 5 percent from last season.

Ratings represent the percentage of all households with televisions tuned into a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time. Overnight ratings measure the nation's largest markets.

....mo money Oak

The NCAA is weighing expansion of the tournament in conjunction with talks with networks about a new television contract. It can opt out of the final three years of a current 11-year, $6 billion agreement with CBS, and must decide by this summer.

An expanded bracket — and 31 additional games with a move to 96 teams — would figure to bulk up rights fees. Whether it's enough to entice the NCAA to make the jump is yet to be determined

You also have to consider, even though most of the games were during the day, it was also opening day for baseball. Pretty impressive to get ratings like that.

Back