Man Made Climate Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so?
1) Burning fossil fuels, as well as other human activities such as concrete production, release CO2 to the atmosphere;
2) Atmospheric C02 is increasing rapidly;
3) Quantities of C02 released by human activities fit the increase.
4) CO2 acts as a greenhouse gas trapping heat (energy).

If it's not coming from human activities, where is it coming from? Are human activities not really releasing CO2, is that the hoax? Or does it not trap heat in the atmosphere? Is that the hoax?
the entire idea that the earth is warming is a hoax. we haven't even hit a hundred yet here this year . it ain't no warmer then it was fifty years ago. may seem like it because Americans are addicted to their ACs but the truth is, it isn't one bit warmer no matter what a scientist who gets payed to say so ,says.
I have yet in my lifetime seen any evidence that the earth is warming as for CO2 I doubt the truth of that also. but even in the event I am wrong mankind will still be here a hundred or even a thousand years from now . this will not be an extinction level event like the libs claim.
the only thing that may change in that time is that our decendants will be laughing at how gullible people were in this time.

I actually wish the hoax were true. can't hardly wait till California is submerged and my house is beachfront property.

Last edited:
That's why you use SQL like an adult.

Although I would guess most of this work is done in R on linux

I live daily in SQL and Oracle databases, and just recently helped a coworker utilize R scripting in ArcGIS Insights via a Jupyter Kernel Gateway. Database BS is my least favorite part of the job and what I am the least skilled at. Gimme maps or gimme death.

Reading through this thread has been interesting, and I am as guilty as the next guy for being some bastard on a hunting forum failing to say anything meaningful about a very complex subject.

I had the day off and took my son fishing. We didn’t talk about global warming. We did catch a turtle, named it Leo, then turned it loose.
33F355B8-FA48-4DC4-9E06-7E4BA44F2459.jpeg

the entire idea that the earth is warming is a hoax. we haven't even hit a hundred yet here this year . it ain't no warmer then it was fifty years ago. may seem like it because Americans are addicted to their ACs but the truth is, it isn't one bit warmer no matter what a scientist who gets payed to say so ,says.
I have yet in my lifetime seen any evidence that the earth is warming as for CO2 I doubt the truth of that also. but even in the event I am wrong mankind will still be here a hundred or even a thousand years from now . this will not be an extinction level event like the libs claim.
the only thing that may change in that time is that our decendants will be laughing at how gullible people were in this time.

I actually wish the hoax were true. can't hardly wait till California is submerged and my house is beachfront property.

Just don't take your boat too far out from that new beachfront property you'll have...you'll fall off the edge of the earth.

I think politics may be beginning to see a run for it's money (as a detriment to discussions on a Public Land Hunting forum). Seems to be undertones of something more insidious lurking.
Maybe it's just my interpretation of more than a few recent thread's content.
A lotta' real expert hunters on here - no doubt. A lotta' pseudo (at best) experts in fill-in-the-blank WTF does this have to do with public land hunting topics also....................
The climate where I'm at right now is gonna' rain. The weather in MT sure has changed since the 80's...................

Once I learned about how easy it is to measure the carbon in the air as a result of burning fossil fuels vs. from other sources. Then looked at the studies.
I have been a strong believer in man made climate change I have trouble figuring out any other educated opinion on the subject.
I mean I know there are people who are smarter than I am who disagree but I can't wrap my mind around it
The question is what to do?

Not this again.......

In before the lock.

My over/under was 36 replies before Val Kilmer's Huckleberry meme shutting this thread down was applied, and HuntTalk folk, you have pleasantly surprised me with humor and calm-ish discussions. This is just another reason that we should all be happy to be members of such a forum, that on other sites, or perhaps in other eras would have immediately descended into severe rancour, boorish taunts resulting in ugly tears and hurt feelings, with zero to little changing of opinions.

A tip of the hat to all that have contributed like adults .......so far!

And now I ask a serious question: I have heard that planetary and lunar temperature trends virtually mirror our earth's seeming increase in average max/minimum temperatures. Is this true? What is the cause of multi planet (and moons) heating?

Last edited:
During the Jurassic period when pangaea was splitting and cause massive amounts of greenhouse gasses plant life thrived. Which in turn supported the age of the plant eaters and made the climate hot and humid. These plants then were destroyed when the meteorite hit and that's where we get most of our fossil fuels today that are supposedly speeding up climate change. Crazy how it can all tie together. Man science and the earth are amazing!! It really is an awesome topic when you take the politics away.
probably a thought for another thread but calling oil ."fossil fuel" is also BS . oil is the earths blood . when you donate to red cross the body makes more . same with the earth when we drill. sure it can be argued one can take to much out and it may cause problems at some point. but to argue that all that oil came from dinosaurs is utterly ridiculous.

If oil is a "fossil fuel " why to capped wells eventually replenish????
as I said probably a thought for another thread

probably a thought for another thread but calling oil ."fossil fuel" is also BS . oil is the earths blood . when you donate to red cross the body makes more . same with the earth when we drill. sure it can be argued one can take to much out and it may cause problems at some point. but to argue that all that oil came from dinosaurs is utterly ridiculous.

Lol

This is something we got involved with on my wife’s family farm. It was time to take it out of crop production. Green Tree folks planted cottonwoods between the WRP rows.
It’s easy to get frustrated with Climate Change, but we need to try to leave this earth better place when we depart.

the earth will without a doubt be a better place when most depart. I however will be missed till the end of time.:rolleyes:

U are correct sir. Oil did not come from dinosaurs. It comes from plants and things like algae and zooplankton.

Science isn't religion, beliefs don't matter. Either there is measurable evidence or there isn't.

I am not weighing in on climate specifically, but have to respond to this overstatement about science in general (and I say this basis my own years in research field). Beliefs definitely drive science - what projects get funded, what experiments get run, what data gets chosen, what statistical approaches supports your preferred outcome, what papers get published, what publications get mainstream reporting. Science is a human endeavor and as such is as flawed as the humans who undertake it. In fact much of the "science" in one generation gets set aside or dramatically modified by the next. In the 70's mainstream science told us the biggest concerns facing humanity were (a) "peak food, peak oil, peak mining" were were going to be out of all by 1980; and (b) we should expect a looming ice age; and (c) the cold war will necessarily end in nuclear holocaust (and a resulting nuclear winter). And there is a long list of medical truths of the 70s that would be malpractice if done today - all then supported by science.

The "reproducability crisis" is a real thing in science. Many studies are digging into it as we speak. For example, "according to a 2016 poll of 1,500 scientists reported in the journal Nature, 70% of them had failed to reproduce at least one other scientist's experiment (50% had failed to reproduce one of their own experiments). In 2009, 2% of scientists admitted to falsifying studies at least once and 14% admitted to personally knowing someone who did. Misconducts were reported more frequently by medical researchers than others."

All I know is that we should be good stewards and try to leave the world better than the way we found it. That can be from picking up trash at a trail head, volunteering to improve/restore habit and trying reducing our own carbon footprint and recycling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back