Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

"English" bird names, "Offensive or Exclusionary" to change.

One of the appropriate complaints about the modern left is a complete lack of prioritization of issues that actually need our attention. It is sad to see the right follow them down the dim rabbit hole of caring about bird names. I don’t care about bird names. Wake me up when we need to save Mount Rushmore.

Also, even though I think all this name changing stuff is silly and distracts us from real issues, I do make an exception for confederate politicians and officers (the enlisted men were pawns/canon fodder so I give them a pass). They all should have been hung for treason without mercy and none should have any building, place or monument named for them. And that’s not a modern take by me. I got in trouble in the 70s for staking the same position with my good old boy southern history teacher in middle school.

You lost. We won. Hence we have the spoils. Yall got some land, scraps, but you lost, you don't get the right to make demands.....
Yeah! Now if we could just get them damn losers of the civil war to shut up and stop trying to tell us how we should be running our country, maybe we all would be little better off.

That's sarcasm, but it does speak to your point.

I do make an exception for confederate politicians and officers (the enlisted men were pawns/canon fodder so I give them a pass). They all should have been hung for treason without mercy and none should have any building, place or monument named for them. And that’s not a modern take by me. I got in trouble in the 70s for staking the same position with my good old boy southern history teacher in middle school.

You lost. We won.

Clearly tracker believes we should remove the traitor flag from state buildings, tear down all the statues, and change all the street names.

They all should have been hung for treason without mercy and none should have any building, place or monument named for them. And that’s not a modern take by me. I got in trouble in the 70s for staking the same position with my good old boy southern history teacher in middle school.

I have one question, then I'll let y'all get back to whatever this is now.

How the #*^@#* do you mercifully hang someone?

Oh Benny, Benny, Benny...

If you held the choice to be hung ... Wait, when did Peter North join the topic?

Grammar is important, my good friend.

I am well hung,

But the proper term for all short stops from a long drop w/a rope around your neck is always hanged.

I have one question, then I'll let y'all get back to whatever this is now.

How the #*^@#* do you mercifully hang someone?
short rope vs long rope - read about it

But actually was meaning no pardons offered or excuses accepted.

Grammar is important, my good friend.

I am well hung,

But the proper term for all short stops from a long drop w/a rope around your neck is always hanged.
If it doesn't hang, you might mistaken whether you're really hung, Ben. Grammar is important...

But actually was meaning no pardons offered or excuses accepted.

"The move comes as part of a broader effort to diversify birding and make it more welcoming to people of all races and backgrounds."

Bird names on the docket for 2024:

Say's phoebe.
Cooper's hawk.
Steller's jay.
Clark's grebe.
Baird's sandpiper.
Wilson's snipe.
Lincoln's sparrow.
Sprague's pipit.

Apathy or tolerance, your pick. Rationalize for the win/loss.

If it makes a white, black, yellow, brown person feel better while birding with their Steiners... let the merry go round. 😉

"The move comes as part of a broader effort to diversify birding and make it more welcoming to people of all races and backgrounds."

Bird names on the docket for 2024:

Say's phoebe.
Cooper's hawk.
Steller's jay.
Clark's grebe.
Baird's sandpiper.
Wilson's snipe.
Lincoln's sparrow.
Sprague's pipit.

Apathy or tolerance, your pick. Rationalize for the win/loss.

If it makes a white, black, yellow, brown person feel better while birding with their Steiners... let the merry go round. 😉

Sad part is folks likely care more about the names than if any of these birds went extinct.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back