Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Losing a parent and dealing with it.....

Big Slick

We lost my Mom this past Saturday after a fight with pancreatic cancer. trying to process this as a permanent thing and will be more real I'm sure after her memorial this coming Saturday. I know this is a hunting web site but this cancer theme has been a long drawn out deal for my Mom's side of the family. We have lost 4 family members in the last decade that I am aware of.

I just want to remind everyone no matter how old you or how tough you are( or think you are), make sure you tell the one's you love that you love them while you have the time to do so. Live is very short and as time goes by we need to annitiate giving hugs and I love you's to the people close to us.

Here is wishing everyone a very heathy future and a great hunting season.

Andy Dockins (Big Slick)

Sorry to hear that Andy. I'm watching my wife battle through losing her own mom. Her mom was too young (in her late 50's) and lost her battle to cancer on January 24th this year. It is rough for her and rough for me because I don't know how to help her other than be there for her.

It is tough...hang in there!!

That is rough Andy, sorry about your loss. Just lost my grandfather and my wife's grandfather. My thoughts are with your family.

So very sorry for you loss, remember all the good things and know she is in a better place.

Thats a tough spot. Prayers for you all. Just read Mathew 5:4. "blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted"

God Bless Andy. It's tough to lose a parent. We lost my mom in 2007 to Alzheimers, and dad is terminal with Renal Carcinoma.

Celebrate their lives and be the people our parent wanted us to be.

Very sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom 2 years ago to breast cancer that I watched her fight for 10 years. She was only 58. Now, every time I see my 1 year old daughter smile at me I see my Mom shining through. Times like these put things in perspective and there is nothing like family. I can't wait to get my little girl out in the woods and create memories that last a lifetime.....and tell her all about her Grandma that she was named after.

Andy, very sorry for your loss. I lost mom and dad both, two years this summer. Proly not a week goes by that I need/want to call one of them for something and they are no longer with us. As to the cancer, we are amazed every day that we still have our 32 year old daughter with us after going on two years surviving brain cancer. Love those you love unconditionally, because you just never know when this horrendous nightmare may come back to us.

Fowladdict1-
Believe just being there is all you can do. We can't solve these things. So just being there to listen and give hugs is what they need. Tough, but we also need to take care of ourselves. It doesn't make us a pansy if we ask for a hug either, when WE are down. Sadly been there done it all.

Sorry for your loss, Andy. Between my wife and I, we are down to one parent (her Mom). As you describe, treasure the days we have.

Sorry to hear of your Mother's passing Andy. I lost my own mother four years ago and remember our last words. She had asked to have her back scratched and to have a banana. I was able to provide both for her, but she spoke no more after that, as the end was near. Sure miss her, as will you.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I dread the day I lose my Mom. Losing my Grandfather last year was tough enough.

A very bad deal. Sorry to hear that, Andy. I wish I had words to make it easier. All I can offer is that your family will be in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back