Little Girl+Big Trout=Big Smiles!

Big Sky

I have been teaching my youngest daughter to fish and now it's hard for me to get out the door without her wanting to tag along. So last Saturday evening I made arrangements to take her to a private ranch and let her enjoy learning how to battle some larger fish than usual. I would rather fish on the creek but it's blown out right now with high water run-off. Even though the water was private the owner's family fish the area a lot and the fish are educated. In short, they aren't that easy to fool or catch. However my daughter had the magic touch and managed to land these three fish. She caught about a half dozen smaller fish as well, but it was her night to shine with the bigger fish.

First hefty trout of the evening.
Elyse%205-9-15A_zpso32xqoah.jpg

Her biggest brown trout to date. I have to kind'a smile when I look at this photo. She was having a hard time hanging onto the fish. He was strong and did not want to be held. The look on her face is one of worrying about it flipping out of her hands at any second. We managed to get him back in the water right after the photo and he revived and swam away just fine.
Elyse%205-9-15D_zpssu1rwsfu.jpg

Then she capped off the night with another dandy football shaped rainbow.
Elyse%205-9-15B_zpsmrvw2yuj.jpg

Very nice!!
Catching big fish must run in the 'Sky' family...
Awesome memories.

Very nice! Congrats to her on the great fish...and for getting her looks from her mother! ;) :D

Good Stuff!! And some incredibly nice fish!! Congrats to the little lady :) One of my daughters just got home from college. Hope to make some similar memories. Dads, Grandpas, uncles, neighbors, lets get those kids outdoors while we can!

But again ....
There all trout.
You gota step out side the box and walk the wild side .

Walleye !!!

101_0960_zpsiainimdg.jpg

Coyotes-R-Us I will agree that to me anyway walleye are much better table fare, but they don't put up much of a fight. I release 95% or more of whatever I catch these days. So I pretty much prefer something that doesn't feel like I'm reeling in a small log.

Here's a few photos for you lest ye think I only fish for trout.
walleyetable96%20copy_zpsqr0x70p2.jpg

walleyeTroy96%20copy_zpscwiqklld.jpg

Troy%20Walleye_zpskiaxsvz7.jpg

...and of course a picture of "real fun!"
bluegillbass98II%20copy_zpsokpkf0jj.jpg

Even more fun. Love me some smallie fishing. They are the polar opposite of a walleye when it comes to keeping things exciting on the end of the line!
FishTroy2_zpsxotb459f.jpg

Last edited:
I always enjoy seeing you post pics on here ............ I'm always left a little jealous, but they're always great photos. Congrats on the fish and even more so on the quality time with your daughter.

Priceless time with family! Great stuff and big memories. Enjoy!

NOW We're Talking

Small mouth and perch Got to love'm.

Crappy I don't have a lot of experience with, I'd love to try.

Kinda like "sturgeon" the fight begins when you try to turn them loose.

Of all the fish I catch, not nearly as many as you, but I do get a few. CARP I find will Fight the very best they just don't jump like a trout, but they Bull dog like a BIG brown trout.

Back