Lee Classic Reloader?

JWP58

Banned
I figure for hunting (low volume) the lee classic reloader might be the ticket. Seems simple enough to use. I'll only be loading for .270win, so I figure I don't need a big progressive system.

Anyone use one? Is it hard to get dialed in and consistent?

I use them for my .243 and 30-06, they do a great job, you will be surprised how accurate it is and the grouping you can achieve.
You will need a few other tools but they won't break the bank.
Cheers
Richard

Thats what i use for my rifle rounds. Does yours have the breech lock bushings. Those are nice. You can set up your die and leave it. Just change the bushing with he next die and your good to go. If your using lee dies they fit in the box the bushing attached. I dont have any experience with another press. This gets the jb done. Ive done about 800 rounds on mine in various calibers without issue. Its pretty easy getting the dies set up initally if you follow the directions that come with the set.

I use them for my .243 and 30-06, they do a great job, you will be surprised how accurate it is and the grouping you can achieve.
You will need a few other tools but they won't break the bank.
Cheers
Richard

I figured i'd have to get a manual trimmer, primer pocket cleaner, and some steel wool to clean the cases, and case lube. Oh and a good mallet.

I see some 130gr TTSX loads in my future.

Anyone want to suggest a good reloading manual?

I think if you are going to reload that you MUST have a good scale those Lee scoops are enough to be consistent and safe. I suggest buying Lyman first and then a manual made by the brand of bullets you plan on using. The free Hodgdon online manual is good for their powders too.

Last edited:
You don't need a progressive, but I bet after you use the Lee classic, a good single stage and more reloading tools are in your future. Those are a great idea, but the bug of handloading will get you. mtmuley

I started reloading a few years back and picked up a kit from Lee off of Midway USA with a single stage press and about all of the basic tools needed to get started. I think it was about $200. I have picked up a few items since then, but it was a great way to get started. You might keep it in mind.

I figured i'd have to get a manual trimmer, primer pocket cleaner, and some steel wool to clean the cases, and case lube. Oh and a good mallet.

I see some 130gr TTSX loads in my future.

Anyone want to suggest a good reloading manual?
IMO, skip the primer pocket cleaner and steel wool. The cases don't have to be photo shoot clean to shoot well. Though the Lee Loader will work great, I'd be inclined to get a single stage press. Kits for them can be had for not alot of money. I went with the cheaper RCBS (Partner) press and have loaded thousands of accurate, functional rounds with it. My preference for loading manuals is to have the one from the bullets I plan on using, if available. So in your case, I'd get a Barnes manual. That said, nearly all bullet and powder companies have limited load data online. I generally use that as often as my hard copy manuals.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back