Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Healthy bread; What is there?

No fruits nor veggies? Why?
I checked out his YouTube channel and I’m now a subscriber. A complete elimination of vegetables and fruit is inconceivable to me though that’s not Shawn’s message. Rather a diet predominant in animal protein. We should not exclude Shawn because he’s a real asset with exposure to hundreds of thousands of meat eaters who vote.

From my perspective, bread should be eaten like a treat and probably as often as you would eat cheesecake.

If you eat cheesecake everyday as well, just take that advice with a grain of salt.

I checked out his YouTube channel and I’m now a subscriber. A complete elimination of vegetables and fruit is inconceivable to me though that’s not Shawn’s message. Rather a diet predominant in animal protein. We should not exclude Shawn because he’s a real asset with exposure to hundreds of thousands of meat eaters who vote.

I expect @Washington Hunter can answer my question for himself. He said meat only. You have not cleared that up.

who said anything about excluding anybody?

Because they're not necessary. Why spend money on something that you don't need?

Cause they taste good? That’s why I eat them anyways. I always thought I was doing good to eat them.

Which brings this back to the topic…bread. Most of mine comes in the form of Uncrustables. I’m sure that’s the good stuff 😂 And it pairs good with a nice Monster or 3 to get my through my workday. Between those two things you’re looking at probably half of my caloric intake. Hence why the fruits and veggies to go along with the game meat I usually eat in the evening are probably a good thing, at least for me.

Because they're not necessary. Why spend money on something that you don't need?
Some folks are just different and contrarian. If did not spending money on stuff we did not ‘need’ none of us would have much of anything at all.

So your premise is you get optimal nutrition from meat alone. Nutty. Whoops, my bad, no nuts either apparently.

This was my weekend project recently. It's a family recipe that uses whole wheat and oats. The bread is dense and a bit chewy. I'd like to think it's healthier than average breads. It's an all-day project and quite an upper body workout kneading 10+ pounds of dough.

View attachment 313444

View attachment 313445
Is butter, lot's of butter, allowed? I can smell this picture.

Cause they taste good? That’s why I eat them anyways. I always thought I was doing good to eat them.

Which brings this back to the topic…bread. Most of mine comes in the form of Uncrustables. I’m sure that’s the good stuff 😂 And it pairs good with a nice Monster or 3 to get my through my workday. Between those two things you’re looking at probably half of my caloric intake. Hence why the fruits and veggies to go along with the game meat I usually eat in the evening are probably a good thing, at least for me.

Watched the Netflix “Cooked” episode Air as suggested by a few people on here. Thanks for the tip… it was interesting and I’ll have to watch the other episodes in the series.

Uncrustables are arguably the greatest hunting food made. They have enough air in the package to keep them from getting crushed in your pack. Taste awesome. And most gas stations have them.

I’ve shot a buck with a bite of Uncrustables still in my mouth. I’ve also missed a deer, used and Uncrustables to rebuild my mental state, stayed on stand, and later killed a deer.

Uncrustables are arguably the greatest hunting food made. They have enough air in the package to keep them from getting crushed in your pack. Taste awesome. And most gas stations have them.

I’ve shot a buck with a bite of Uncrustables still in my mouth. I’ve also missed a deer, used and Uncrustables to rebuild my mental state, stayed on stand, and later killed a deer.
I try to pack them hunting, but they generally don’t make it too long past half frozen before they’re in my gullet.

People say the same thing about all meat and all plant diets; changed my life, etc., etc, etc. What they both have in common is they eliminate processed food and junk foods.
Eat like the 1950s. Hard to avoid Round-Up Ready grains though. I think there's something to that. Clearly gluten sensitivity didn't explode, nor did peanut allergies, for no reason. Kids in the 50s and 60s lived on peanut butter. The lack of intellectual curiosity is deafening.

Google is wrong again. There is no healthy bread. It's all essentially sugar.

If you are eating because you like the taste that much, just buy what you like. If you want to be "healthy", don't eat any of it.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back