Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Ramshot Big Game Reviews?

Buddy loads Big Game for his Sako rifles. One a .270 and the other one is a 30-06. Both ridiculously accurate with the powder and Barnes tsx bullets.

Not to hijack, but I've recently been experimenting with RS Hunter in 280AI. I had about 70 160gn Federal TBTs sitting on the shelf, initial results are pretty darn good. Got them up to about 2850fps at about .65MOA. ES and SD are a little higher than I usually would like tho.
How Dare You.jpg
Get him Greta!

Not to hijack, but I've recently been experimenting with RS Hunter in 280AI. I had about 70 160gn Federal TBTs sitting on the shelf, initial results are pretty darn good. Got them up to about 2850fps at about .65MOA. ES and SD are a little higher than I usually would like tho.
So, here is a cool one, they did not have RS Hunter on the Defender Ammo website. When I went to pick up my Varget and Big Game, they had three lbs of Hunter on the rack. I grabbed two lbs.

I love Big Game powder in my 7-08 with 140 grain bullets. I wished it metered better, though. That’s my only complaint. But it ain’t enough to make me quit using it.
What type of metering issue?

Thread like this are just a bunch of BS. Now I have to buy a new reloading manual just to figure out what your talking about! :-( My old manuals do have some wear on them! :)

Thread like this are just a bunch of BS. Now I have to buy a new reloading manual just to figure out what your talking about! :-( My old manuals do have some wear on them! :)
Don, I needed a smile today. That was good. Thank you!

That stuff bounces like crazy out of the pan of my auto powder dispenser. It gets all over the place. 🤷‍♂️
This is true. It's kind of annoying. This was much worse in the old Hornady auto-charger I used to have, but better in the RCBS. Last time I used RS powder I just worked with a manual powder thrower and a trickler to top it off.

This is true. It's kind of annoying. This was much worse in the old Hornady auto-charger I used to have, but better in the RCBS. Last time I used RS powder I just worked with a manual powder thrower and a trickler to top it off.
I put 3 paper towels under my loader when I use it. One on each side and one in the front. The paper towels do a good job catching the powder. This is even with the door closed on the dispenser.

Currently On Sale at Powder Valley

Back